cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Merrick Bank Card reporting as late!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Merrick Bank Card reporting as late!

Merrick Bank was the first (02/16)to offer me a CC after my bk (05/15) Almost always reported at $0, and even if it did report a balance, I paid no interest because I made several payments monthly. Don’t get me wrong, they were a huge help getting my foot back in the door. However, I got several other cards throughout 2016 with much higher limits, and chose to close the card (12/16) because I knew my second annual fee was due soon and I had no further use for the card. I haven’t been applying for anything new because I have been wanting to refinance my car loan in order to reduce my interest rate. I looked at my credit report today, and Merrick Bank showed my card as active until May 2017 with 4-5 months of late payments depending on the bureau and that the card was closed by the Lender. I have not had one single slip up, or late payment since my BK and this is really hurting my credit profile. I called Merrick Bank, and they claim a new card was sent to me in January, which I never received or activated ( because obviously I would’ve called them), and the late payments were my annual fee, broken into monthly payments with late fees and interest added. They claim there is nothing they can do, besides me disputing the information as incorrect. From my previous credit report it is clear I was not using the card whatsoever for perhaps 3 months before closing, and there was also a $0 balance for that time until I called to close.
Guys, I am desperate to find the best way to get this situation made right. Does anyone have any advice? I will be disputing these online later through the bureaus. Anyone else experienced this?
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.