Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agencies still trying to collect

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Collection agencies still trying to collect

LDC Collections on the the behalf of NJ Drivers Surcharge Unit sucks!!!...

They were notified electronically (per the schedule on PACER) and these people are STILL sending letters and calling from anonomyous #'s. I called them again after receving another bill to inquire and was nastily informed the notices will continue until I'm discharged. These people are SO nasty!! I had to contact the State leave another message. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, just getting the run around.

Is there anyway that I can file a formal complaint against thios company as they have been notified from me by phone and I provided my backruptcy case number and nothing helps. Its annoying that they are refusing to adhere to the rules.

Has anyone noticed when or if you have to contact a collector for medical bills...etc and tell them about your bankruptcy the become so snarky. I had pne representative to remain professional. I'm not looking for pitty or compassion just professionalism...just as I am.

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Collection agencies still trying to collect

Start a log of all contact the creditors are making with you. Write down names, times and rep ID's if you can get them. After that, call your lawyer and let him/her know and see if you can do something about it.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 9
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 3 of 9
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

They are not to contact you in any way shape or form.  It's even better if they neglected to file a claim.  I was amazed on the number of creditors that never bothered to file a claim and they never saw a penny.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't OP sue due to violating the automatic stay according to the FDCPA??? OP, call your attorney TOMORROW MORNING. They may have to pay YOU money.

Message 5 of 9
empressj
Frequent Contributor

I spoke with paralegal yesterday, she suggested what I've already done, called and advised them. She also said send a copy of the bankruptcy letter along with the notice received. 

I left a voicemail for the bankruptcy unit and haven't heard back. I will continue to keep track of all communication received.

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an actual lawyer? What state are you in? I'm really concerned that your lawyer is not jumping all over this to get you money for them violating the automatic stay.

Message 7 of 9
empressj
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have an actual lawyer? What state are you in? I'm really concerned that your lawyer is not jumping all over this to get you money for them violating the automatic stay.

I do have an attorney. I'm in New Jersey. I'm concerned as well. My experience with this attorney has not been the greatest. First he tried pressuring us into reaffirming the car. After spending countless amounts of hours researching reaffirmation I learned that it wasn't the only and/or best option especially since we've always paid as agreed.

if I don't hear back from the bankruptcy unit I will reach out again. It's sad I have to spend time doing this when I paid them $1350 😕. Not sure what else to do beside writing down names, dates, and trying to record conversations, and to keep correspondence received  

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@empressj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do have an attorney. I'm in New Jersey. I'm concerned as well. My experience with this attorney has not been the greatest. First he tried pressuring us into reaffirming the car. After spending countless amounts of hours researching reaffirmation I learned that it wasn't the only and/or best option especially since we've always paid as agreed.

if I don't hear back from the bankruptcy unit I will reach out again. It's sad I have to spend time doing this when I paid them $1350 😕. Not sure what else to do beside writing down names, dates, and trying to record conversations, and to keep correspondence received  

Taking a log of their names, dates, converstaions is the best. You might as well just push them through to voicemail since they tend to leave one, or their automatic dialer will leave a voicemail for you. You can also get records or save screen shots of your phone bill that shows them calling you, and how many times they call you in a day- which can be up to 4 times in a day if they haven't spoken to you. They can however only leave one voicemail during those 4 calls.

I would also keep track of any letters you send them, and dates, I would also send them any correspondance via certified mail.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.