Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency reporting af BK

tag
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Collection agency reporting af BK

I have some collection agencies on my credit report that I included in my bankruptcy. When looking at Credit Karma and Credit Sesame, the collections are showing as independent negatives, in other words, all my other negative accounts that had lates are not shown at all, but the collections are, which makes me wonder what is causing them to. I would appreciate any insight into what is giving them this distinction--here is how they are reporting:

AFNI  #
PO BOX 3097
BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702-3097
(800) 371-3645
Placed for Collection:10/13/2015
Responsibility:Individual Account
Account Type:Open Account
Loan Type:COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance:$0
Date Updated:11/29/2015
Original Amount:$120
Original Creditor:AT T U VERSE (Utilities)
Pay Status:>Account Included in Bankruptcy<
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection agency reporting af BK

I'm actually experiencing the same thing with the exact same creditor & agency. Mine reports as a open account with a zero balance included in bankruptcy. I've filed atleast three 3 disputes since my discharge 12 - 2016 and the account and it's details remains as is. I'm in hopes it falls off soon on its own one day. So I'm open for insight or tips as well.
Message 2 of 6
jmclaughlin1982
Established Member

I hate Credit Karma and Sesame! Sorry, I'm frustrated with them. Their scores and reports tend to be very inaccurate. I would recommend checking your reports independently.
Search for "free annual credit report" it's something like "annualcreditreport.com or something like that. You are entitled to it once a year.
If it's inaccurate dispute with CRA. One question though, have you been discharged? The account you showed here hasn't been updated since 2015. If you haven't been discharged give it like 30 days. I had a few reporting as late and charge off that suddenly went to IIB about a week after dc.
BK7 filed 3/23/2016 DC 6/20/2016

Current Credit
Ally Auto-$17000| Credit Builder Loan-$1000| Secured Loan-$1000| Cap 1 Secured-$400| Kohl's-$300| Milestone-$300| Gettington/Webbank-$500

AU- Chase Freedom-$500| Cap 1 QS-$500| Amex-$2000| Walmart-$910| Target Card-$300| Kohl's-$300| Credit 1-$300
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmclaughlin1982 wrote:
I hate Credit Karma and Sesame! Sorry, I'm frustrated with them. Their scores and reports tend to be very inaccurate. I would recommend checking your reports independently.
Search for "free annual credit report" it's something like "annualcreditreport.com or something like that. You are entitled to it once a year.
If it's inaccurate dispute with CRA. One question though, have you been discharged? The account you showed here hasn't been updated since 2015. If you haven't been discharged give it like 30 days. I had a few reporting as late and charge off that suddenly went to IIB about a week after dc.

i have the same thing happening to me ..i was discharged 7/27/16. My question is can it show as "OPEN"  in

COLLECTION"?  I MEAN ITS NOT open ANYMORE and they can no longer collect on it ?? Also, can the accounts have derogatory listed in comments ?

Message 4 of 6
jim44
Established Contributor

@jkjklkjkl wrote:

I have some collection agencies on my credit report that I included in my bankruptcy. When looking at Credit Karma and Credit Sesame, the collections are showing as independent negatives, in other words, all my other negative accounts that had lates are not shown at all, but the collections are, which makes me wonder what is causing them to. I would appreciate any insight into what is giving them this distinction--here is how they are reporting:

AFNI  #
PO BOX 3097
BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702-3097
(800) 371-3645
Placed for Collection:10/13/2015
Responsibility:Individual Account
Account Type:Open Account
Loan Type:COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance:$0
Date Updated:11/29/2015
Original Amount:$120
Original Creditor:AT T U VERSE (Utilities)
Pay Status:>Account Included in Bankruptcy<

I have a Discover acct that was IIBK but was never late up until the time I filled for BK.  The account on my TU credit report still shows "open".  I was under the impression that it wasn't hurting my CS so I just let it be.  I have another from a Chase acct IIBK was showing a 30 day late prior to filing which I was also told was reported as accurate as the late was before I filed.  Maybe someone else can chime in on this or it may be I'm missing something from your post? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

THIIIISSSS is the free site for you to pull your credit reports once a year https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action you don't have to pay anything. The other sites make you pay and aren't free. You can also go to each CB and pay I think $1 - $7 and get your credit report with score form them, if you suscribe to their service. You can just then cancel and that would be your only charge. If you want to just dispute your credit you can go to each CB site and dispute items on your credit report for free.

If anything was reported late prior to BK or sent to collections prior to BK then that's reported correctly and you can't get it changed. if they update things AFTER you're filed. Such as you filed on the 1st but your 30 day late wouldn't be till the 10th and they reported that, that would then be incorrect and you can get that changed. Same goes for charge off accounts, as long as they aren't charge off prior to filing, they need to say "included in bk chapter __" and have a zero balance. If things are open and reporting incorrectly it will go against your DTI if you apply for loans.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.