Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Accounts Removed/Disappeared after 341 Discharge Date:08/05/2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Accounts Removed/Disappeared after 341 Discharge Date:08/05/2019

Hello,

I had my 341 meeting on 06/05/2019. In the time between that meeting and now, the collections accounts on my credit report have been removed and/or have disappeared. If I'm understanding correctly, they should've just been updated with a $0 balance and a note stating IIB, am I correct? I'm not complaining if they stay gone permenantly, but that is highly doubtful. Do you think they've been deleted in order to "reupload" with the correct status of the accounts? My score is already low, I'm not entirely concerned with that right now as I've been researching on how to rebuild and know it will take time, I just want to be prepared for these accounts to come back, and my score drop lower than it is now. 

Thank you for you help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Collections Accounts Removed/Disappeared after 341 Discharge Date:08/05/2019

Accounts do tend to get whiped out but not guaranteed.

If an account is questioned for accuracy, sometimes they will just delete it all.

It is possible to have a recent BK with no lates showing.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Collections Accounts Removed/Disappeared after 341 Discharge Date:08/05/2019

Sometimes the reason why collections get removed off reports after a BK DC, is because those debts can never ever be collected on again, or try to be, as they no longer exist now due to the BK.
Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Sometimes the reason why collections get removed off reports after a BK DC, is because those debts can never ever be collected on again, or try to be, as they no longer exist now due to the BK.

Thank You @pizza1 for your firsthand knowledge on this.

Not only limited to collections, but i had one IIB card account completely removed upon filing and subsequently discharged.

If they ever reappear again while in the Discharge Period folks will or should have ALL accounts on hand that their attorney gives them after DC and that way they have PROOF that said account or accounts were included in the Federal Court Filings Documents.

Just a little heads up in case there's some slick tactic to reintroduce them later while in rebuild.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.