Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections listed on CRs

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Collections listed on CRs

I've just pulled all three of my credit reports from My Free Credit Report.

When it comes any accounts listed in collection no accounts it seems are listed in collections.  What I mean by that is in the seperate section of the credit reports that lists accounts in collections.  They show nothing.  The remarks for each account are generally "Charged off" or "sold".   Most say sold or something else which means the same thing. And they where sold many months ago.  Also I see some of the various debt collectors soft pulled my credit report.  

Also does the "automatic stay" prevent creditors and debt collectors from adding anything to my credit reports? Or when they get the letters about the BK will they all go in a have their way with my credit reports?  

12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Collections listed on CRs

@nomadic_traveler wrote:

I've just pulled all three of my credit reports from My Free Credit Report.  I just filed yesterday (Friday) for Ch7 BK.  So far Experian is the only one that shows the BK Petition.  I'm assuming the BK will show up on the others at some point. Its hind site now. You should have waited up to 60 days after DC to see if all accounts showed 0 balance and IIB. Then fix the ones that didnt report correctly.

When it comes any accounts listed in collection no accounts it seems are listed in collections.  What I mean by that is in the seperate section of the credit reports that lists accounts in collections.  They show nothing.  The remarks for each account are generally "Charged off" or "sold".   Most say sold or something else which means the same thing. And they where sold many months ago.  Also I see some of the various debt collectors soft pulled my credit report.  Some collections will dissapear. They cant get any $ or even try to collect. Worthless cause. So they delete.

Equifax however is the only one that seems to come close to showing anything in collections.  In the "Activity Designator" section of the details of several of the accounts it shows a "C".  The "C" means "Collection Account".  Although that's the only spot says that.  Not in a "Collection Accounts" section.

Most of my accounts were charged off or sold months ago.  So I'm wondering if maybe I dodged a bullet in regards to accounts listed in the collection section?  Or are the terms "charged off" and "sold" just as bad? As above if they had balances on the CO's they will say IIB 0 balance

Also does the "automatic stay" prevent creditors and debt collectors from adding anything to my credit reports? Or when they get the letters about the BK will they all go in a have their way with my credit reports?  Ditto. IIB 0 Balance.

As far as lates go. They wont be removed. They stay the course till time runs out on them. Wait 60 days after DC and check one of the Vantage site, CK, Wallethub,ect and see that everything had updated correctly. It takes time.

Message 2 of 13
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

I see ok.  Yeah the reason I pulled it now was because I had not looked at it in years.  I'll wait 60 days from my DC then and most likely sign up for a monthly report from all three. 

Message 3 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

in a word. Yes. After you 60 days after DC. Make sure every debt that you listed in your bankruptcy petition shows on the credit report as “0(zero) balance – discharged in bankruptcy.” That is the only designation that can appear on what is called the trade line for that particular debt. Importantly, debts that are discharged in bankruptcy cannot show anything else such as any balance still owed, in collections, delinquent, charge-off, or any other negative information. Again, to reiterate, any debt that has been discharged in bankruptcy can only show “0 balance-discharged in bankruptcy.” If anything else appears on that particular trade line, especially if it is derogatory information, then that violates the requirements of the FCRA.

Message 4 of 13
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1

Ok that all makes perfect sense.

There is a seperate section called "Collections" on the various credit reports.  Nothing has ever shown up there.  Is there any reason nothing has shown up there even though I know most of my accounts went to collections many months before I filed for Ch 7 BK?  And could anything show up there even with the BK?

Message 5 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Where you seeing this. CK or some other Vantage site?

Message 6 of 13
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Actually right on the credit reports.  The various sites also show a collection section as well but it's on the actual credit reports. I downloaded the reports from My Free Credit Reports.  All 3.  There is a section called "Collections" on the reports.  

Message 7 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well if they aren't there. Rejoice. Because once all the accounts reflect "0 balance/IIB" your all set. So its a blessing really. Out of sight. Out of the Underwriters eyes. If anything shows up after BK DC. Tell the lawyer and it will get removed. Cant report a negative after the fact now.

Message 8 of 13
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

That is what I was thinking.  

Message 9 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Every single thing the court does is updated on PACER. Every move the court does is documented.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.