Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections showing after discharge??

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Collections showing after discharge??

My credit report that i pulled from Myfico...shows that i have 2 collections... 2 of the CRB's show it is included in the BK but 1 of them does not. Is this why these are still showing up as collections? Or is there something I am missing?

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections showing after discharge??

@Cheryla18 wrote:

My credit report that i pulled from Myfico...shows that i have 2 collections... 2 of the CRB's show it is included in the BK but 1 of them does not. Is this why these are still showing up as collections? Or is there something I am missing?

Cheryl

Probably, dispute it as being IIB.

Message 2 of 6
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Cheryl

Probably, dispute it as being IIB.

I just looked at that credit report again and the car i had that was IIB is still showing all the lates associated with that account.  Shouldn't have all of that been wiped away?

Cheryl

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it should show 0.00 blance and included in BK.  All associated lates are still reported on that account up to 7 years.

Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, your account will show the status as of the filing date. So if you have lates prior to filing, those lates remain until 7 years from the date the derog occured (as pointed out above). The difference is the TL will also show a zero balance and the IIB notation. 

Message 5 of 6
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Yes, your account will show the status as of the filing date. So if you have lates prior to filing, those lates remain until 7 years from the date the derog occured (as pointed out above). The difference is the TL will also show a zero balance and the IIB notation. 

Ok thank you for both respones

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.