Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections

When I pulled my credit reports, I noticed that one collections account remained on all three reports that was covered under my BK13 (discharged in early 2015).  I disputed it lingering on the reports with TU, EQ and EX.  TU and EQ deleted the item from the report since they confirmed that it was covered under the discharged BK13.

Here is my problem...

My response from EX told me that they "verified the account is mine".  I called EX to talk to them about this.  I told them that I do not doubt that the account WAS mine, but that it was covered under the discharged BK13.  They told me that they updated it to show a zero balance and being "closed".  It still has the notation that it is "Under Chapter 13 Bankruptcy".  The last update from the collections company was June 2011.  When I pulled my reports today, I notice that it says "Status Update 1/21/2016" which is the date that EX updated the information - not the collections company.

Now does this mean that now it's seven more years from that date? ... or should it be deleted since the BK13 was successfully discharged?

Any suggestions/thoughts is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

I don't think it has to be deleted, just noted that you don't owe anything. It should drop off at the normal 7 year mark. Others may be able to clarify that more. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

Thank you, Cruznmore...

I appreciate your information.  That is what I was thinking.  Being on there as a "Closed" and "Zero Balance" doesn't bother me as the status update date... with it being so close to falling off due to time - I would just hate to see it sitting there for seven more years because of the CRA doing an update to it...

Thank you again!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.