Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity account fell off my CRs

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Comenity account fell off my CRs

I was looking at my CK account last week and clicked the "Here's what's changed" link out of habit, and it said that my Comenity Gamestop card (which I had IIB) was removed from my TU report.  I checked the other two bureaus real quick and found the same thing had happened on those CRs as well.  Is this type of thing unusual?  I was DC in April 2019, so it's not quite a year out from that.  The Gamestop CC was my only Comenity account and I had a small balance ($300 or so) at the time of filing.  I remember that two other accounts had disappeared from my CRs before -- a US Bank card and my Acura lease -- but that was immediately after I had filed for BK7.  It's odd (but appreciated, I guess!) that this particular baddie stuck around a year after filing and then dropped off... I wish my other IIB accounts would do that! Smiley LOL

Coincidentally (or perhaps not), this week I've started getting J.Crew emails that are specifically promoting their credit card, which as you all know is backed by Comenity.  I'm resisting the urge to pull, but it's nice if this is a sign of better times to come!

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity account fell off my CRs

It happens at times reports of a creditor falling off after BK. One less account showing you burned a creditor. Rebuild with regular cards first before store cards.

Message 2 of 4
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

No, I'm definitely not keen to pull on retail cards right now, as tempting as it is.  I really want to get back in Capital One or Discover's good graces first and possibly replace my CreditOne card with something a little more functional and less expensive.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@sarux3 wrote:

No, I'm definitely not keen to pull on retail cards right now, as tempting as it is.  I really want to get back in Capital One or Discover's good graces first and possibly replace my CreditOne card with something a little more functional and less expensive.

Great idea!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.