cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely new to NFCU got the dreaded BK blacklist message??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely new to NFCU got the dreaded BK blacklist message??

Opened NFCU checking/savings Tuesday, BK7 finally shows up on credit report yesterday, woke up today to "your account information is being provided for informational purposes only. providing you this information is not an attempt to collect a debt" message on my account. I've read on these forums that this basically Black lists you from automatic approval when submitting credit applications online.

Called Bankruptcy dept and explained to them that I've NEVER had any NFCU debt and would like the notice removed. She states that they can't and it won't affect future credit decisions. 

is this true? Will I be able to get automatic approval when submitting credit applications online since I never burned NFCU?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Re: Completely new to NFCU got the dreaded BK blacklist message??

This is NOT true. I thought the same thing...was told the same thing by a rep over the phone..I kept reading people that called and had it removed so I was confused..So I called again and got the BK department on the phone. That rep said we cant remove it..I was defeated..but did not stop there. I called one more time this time I did not ask for the BK department I just said "can I please have the banner removed from my account?" " I understand why it was there during my automatic stay but I never had a relationship with NFCU before my BK therefore caused you no loss" "My BK has been discharged as of xx/xx/xxxx and I would like the statement removed. The rep said let me check on this and we will let you know. The next day it was gone.. Moral of story they can take it off you just need to spell it out for them. After the automatic stay is up there is no legal reason for them to have that statement on there if you caused them no loss.

Message 2 of 4
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Ditto what @ballysdad said. You're tagged for that message because it's an automatic thing NFCU does to most accounts once they get notification your name/SSN has filed BK...this is even if they aren't included. FYI, my account still has the flag and I opened the More Rewards AMEX approximately 14 months post discharge...flag is still on my account. No biggie.

I'd recommend doing as @ballysdad stated and call with your discharge info and they can likely remove that "tag."

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 3 of 4
Honeykissez
Regular Contributor

It can be removed. I had to call a few times but a lady in the bk dept removed it. The previous rep that took the money I owed to nfcu, didn't remove all the alerts like he should have. 

Discharged BK 8/5/2020
Fico 8: Ex 537 - Tu 522 - Eq 572

8/5/21: Ex 653 - Eq 669 - Tu 727

Rebuilding: 8/21 Secured nfcu $200 - increased by nfcu on 11/7 to $600 - graduated 2/10 $2,000 ~ 9/10 Secured Discover It $200 - graduated 4/22 $1,800 ~ 12/8 Mercury MasterCard $750 unsecured ~ 4/8 Target $1,200 ~ 5/2 Apple Card $850 ~ 5/31 Quicksilver $2000 ~ 8/7 Nfcu Go Rewards $12,500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.