Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confession

tag
heavenli
Contributor

Confession

Hello All,

I figured instead of going "balls to the wall" and applying for every inch of credit I could only to get rejected and drive my score down, I would come here and confess that I REALLY want to apply for some new credit!!!!!!! Arrrrrgggghhh!!

Just trying to remember "slow and steady" wins the race! I want to be a homeowner so I gotta chill but it is OOOOHH so tempting!

whew!

I am glad I got that out!

Have a great day guys!

Heav

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Re: Confession

I totally understand. I went crazy when I received my discharged and didnt get anything but a Fingerhut card.....lol Which I had your control!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Ha ha ... that was very funny but also very refreshing. Now that did not mess up your credit profile but it felt good right? Stay the course ... and come back to "credit anonymous" anytime.

Message 3 of 15
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@heavenli wrote:

Hello All,

I figured instead of going "balls to the wall" and applying for every inch of credit I could only to get rejected and drive my score down, I would come here and confess that I REALLY want to apply for some new credit!!!!!!! Arrrrrgggghhh!!

Not directing this response to you directly... but I just don't understand the infatuation with having a wallet full of credit cards.

Why is it an obsession?  For me it was pretty easy to open some new accounts and when I reached the point of having a wide range of accounts (that is a couple gas cards, a walmart with discover upgrade potential, a care credit and multiple MC/VISA with the last one having a $7k limit instead of $500-$1500) that would lead to a solid rebuild profile I called it quits and went to garden mode.

I make $75k a year and have $25k in credit accounts.  To me that's more than enough.

So I say again... why is it an obsession?  If you have $25k in cards or $125k in cards, you still have to live within your means and pay it back.

Message 4 of 15
heavenli
Contributor

@kd081708 wrote:

I totally understand. I went crazy when I received my discharged and didnt get anything but a Fingerhut card.....lol Which I had your control!

Trust me I am a work in progress... I already had one hand slapping! ha ha

Message 5 of 15
heavenli
Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

Ha ha ... that was very funny but also very refreshing. Now that did not mess up your credit profile but it felt good right? Stay the course ... and come back to "credit anonymous" anytime.

Ha ha right!!!! I am on the LAMB! ha ha

Message 6 of 15
heavenli
Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@heavenli wrote:

Hello All,

Not directing this response to you directly... but I just don't understand the infatuation with having a wallet full of credit cards.

Why is it an obsession?  For me it was pretty easy to open some new accounts and when I reached the point of having a wide range of accounts (that is a couple gas cards, a walmart with discover upgrade potential, a care credit and multiple MC/VISA with the last one having a $7k limit instead of $500-$1500) that would lead to a solid rebuild profile I called it quits and went to garden mode.

I make $75k a year and have $25k in credit accounts.  To me that's more than enough.

So I say again... why is it an obsession?  If you have $25k in cards or $125k in cards, you still have to live within your means and pay it back.

Hmmm... How do I begin this response? Obsession is a very strong word. When you have NEVER had credit EVER; then the moment you are able you have a tendancy to want to establish it as soon as possible. Given that you were willing to share your income and credit status I wonder why you are in this forum at all but I digress. Don't mistake everyone who wants to reestablish their credit as soon as possbile as someone who is obsessed.

I am not in your credit situation, on the contrary, I would be happy to have a few established lines but I do not have that. So, I am in the process of doing that, but it must be done gradually and when you have not been credit worthy for so long and have home ownership as a goal you have to work at it a bit.

Thank you for your response but I don't think credit is an obsession for me (of course you were not directing this directly to me but there are at least 20 other threads you could have posed this question on that would have yielded a higher response).

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 15
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@heavenli wrote:

Given that you were willing to share your income and credit status I wonder why you are in this forum at all but I digress. Don't mistake everyone who wants to reestablish their credit as soon as possbile as someone who is obsessed.

Thank you for your response but I don't think credit is an obsession for me (of course you were not directing this directly to me but there are at least 20 other threads you could have posed this question on that would have yielded a higher response).

Smiley Wink

I'm in this forum because I like to read about others experiences in the credit world... I like to find out info about lenders... different credit cards... etc.   A lot of the info is useful to me in my rebuilding efforts.  Yeah I listed my income and credit status... like many others have and do.  That's also the reason I don't use my real name.... like many others have and do.

As for credit being an obsession for you... my apologies if you thought my post was directed at you.  It wasn't... but it easily could have been.  Just re-read your original post...  

@heavenli wrote:

Hello All,

Just trying to remember "slow and steady" wins the race! I want to be a homeowner so I gotta chill but it is OOOOHH so tempting!

whew!

Have a great day guys!

Heav

Obsession?  Addiction?  Infatuation?  Any of those words could be used... but good for you for not giving in to the temptation.  

Message 8 of 15
bunga7
Regular Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@heavenli wrote:

Given that you were willing to share your income and credit status I wonder why you are in this forum at all but I digress. Don't mistake everyone who wants to reestablish their credit as soon as possbile as someone who is obsessed.

Smiley Wink

I'm in this forum because I like to read about others experiences in the credit world... I like to find out info about lenders... different credit cards... etc.   A lot of the info is useful to me in my rebuilding efforts.  Yeah I listed my income and credit status... like many others have and do.  That's also the reason I don't use my real name.... like many others have and do.

As for credit being an obsession for you... my apologies if you thought my post was directed at you.  It wasn't... but it easily could have been.  Just re-read your original post...  

@heavenli wrote:

Hello All,

whew!

Have a great day guys!

Heav

Obsession?  Addiction?  Infatuation?  Any of those words could be used... but good for you for not giving in to the temptation.  

Please try to remember that you're posting in a forum under bankruptcy. Many are trying to re-establish credit lines so as to work on getting their credit back. Is it an obsession? I think for many of us, it's an obsession to do credit "right" this time, and theirs nothing wrong with that. For those who only have one store card, and knowing what we know about the need for a balanced set of tradelines, there does tend to be a drive to get some basic CC's.

There's nothing wrong with being obsesssed with one's credit. A credit score means more than just credit scores and interest rates. It affects many other things, including the cost of auto insureance, etc. You cannot build a positive credit history without credit accounts, hance the obsession with getting some TL's.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Message 9 of 15
bunga7
Regular Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@heavenli wrote:

Smiley Wink

@heavenli wrote:

Hello All,

whew!

Have a great day guys!

Heav

And please don't judge others. Words like "obsession" sound judgemental. Just saying.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.