Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about credit cleanup????

lphillips
Valued Member

Confused about credit cleanup????

Good morning, 

I have a credit alert setup throught my credit union and it has been sending me alerts like crazy from all 3 CB's, with updates of my account status  changing to IIB $0....but my confusion is the way that it is actually reporting, which is, Closed - Derogatory with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy reporting in the remarks section.  Is this correct or should I try and dispute this? Now have about 23 accounts as derogatorySmiley Sad

Chapter 7 Discharge: January 2015
Current Scores: FICO: EX: 659 TU: 640 EQ: 640
Virgin American Visa (AU) ($4K); NFCU CashRewards ($2.3k); NFCU nRewards ($5K); NFCU CLOC ($5K); Capital One ($1.5k);
Gardening until April 2017
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Confused about credit cleanup????

Reporting as IIb with $0 balance is correct and yes, everything related to a bankruptcy is a negative. Also, I'd recommend that you pull your credit reports and review the actual wording in each tradeline listed on the reports for each of the three credit bureaus. After doing that, feel free to post questions here and we may be able to help you understand what the wording means. Account alerts mean notning but "an activity occured". Tell us what the actual credit reports show.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.