Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of Chapt 7 Questions

tag
cammielewis820
Established Member

Couple of Chapt 7 Questions

Middle Florida District

My attorney filed yesterday got the case number. Finished all the Certifications. There are a couple of things I am confused on and was hoping someone here had a similar experience. 

So my last checking account statement runs on the 30th. I get paid on the 28th, will the trustee go by the ACTUAL balance on the day I filed? Or do they look at the end of statement balance? 2 days isn't enough time to pay all my bills so I am confused about what the balance is they look at? 

Also, what happens with my Tax refund? I filed 6.23.19, I will file my taxes next year for 2019. Will the trustee's take my refund?

Any input would be helpful!

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Couple of Chapt 7 Questions

@cammielewis820 wrote:

Middle Florida District

My attorney filed yesterday got the case number. Finished all the Certifications. There are a couple of things I am confused on and was hoping someone here had a similar experience. 

So my last checking account statement runs on the 30th. I get paid on the 28th, will the trustee go by the ACTUAL balance on the day I filed? Or do they look at the end of statement balance? 2 days isn't enough time to pay all my bills so I am confused about what the balance is they look at? 

Also, what happens with my Tax refund? I filed 6.23.19, I will file my taxes next year for 2019. Will the trustee's take my refund?

Any input would be helpful!

Thank you

They look at your checking account for several months.  They are looking at cash flow.  They know your account goes up and down.

Your tax return filed in 2020 for 2019 should be fine.  You will have a discharge before the end of the year.

I assume you filed Chapter 7?

If your attorney did not raise any concerns, you should be fine.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I went thru the same district. What was given to the lawyer when they filed is what they go by. I had all my back taxes DC'ed in which they held my refund for 14 yrs. The next year I got a refund then and ever since DC. I filed I think was the last 4-6 bank statments and that was it. Nothing came up at the MOC about any other papers I needed to submit.

Message 3 of 5
cammielewis820
Established Member

May I ask when you had your Bankruptcy and also what do you mean for 14 years? Sorry I am not familiar with all this lingo. 

It is for a Chapt 7.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It was a Chap7. Meeting of Creditors in Orlando. I owed the IRS for 14 yrs until they caught up with me. When you owe as you know they keep your refund. Once DC'ed my IRS debt was wiped out along with the tax lien and wage garnishment.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.