Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid 19 Mortgage Relief for non reaffirmed loan

tag
mesoc
Established Member

Covid 19 Mortgage Relief for non reaffirmed loan

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy over a year ago, discharged march 2019 and did not reaffirm my mortgage. I applied for the forbearance through Wells Fargo website about 2 months ago and it was granted. However, I'm concerned because it shows me past due for april and may. Are non-reaffirmed mortgages eligible for this forbearance? I've tried to confirm it with them via phone and email but I cannot get a hold of anyone. I get stuck in the automated messages everytime. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Covid 19 Mortgage Relief for non reaffirmed loan

I don't have any experience with this scenario, but I would think your mortgage would be eligible since they approved it. For peace of mind, if unable to reach them by phone, I would visit a branch (if you have one near by) and speak to someone. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Covid 19 Mortgage Relief for non reaffirmed loan

Chap 7 Discharged 12/19 for me.

I was approved for a forbearance from Chase right away and their loan was not reaffirmed.

My loan is a Fannie Mae loan so I'm sure that made a difference. So far no negative effects. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.