cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creddit Grantor continuing to update after BK7 Discharge, Does this affect Fico Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creddit Grantor continuing to update after BK7 Discharge, Does this affect Fico Score?

I have a car loan that had re-created history, made up late pays; just your overall game players. This is Alphera Financial aka BMW Financial. Once I go them to behave and report correctly, they still monthly update the same information. Does this practice "refresh" the derogatory on my FICO score?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Creddit Grantor continuing to update after BK7 Discharge, Does this affect Fico Score?

Was this car given to the lender thru the bankruptcy or do you have this car?  When was your discharge?  What are they updating monthly?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creddit Grantor continuing to update after BK7 Discharge, Does this affect Fico Score?

This vehicle was neither repossessed nor surrendered. It was simply turned in. It reports 60 days late included in bankruptcy with a zero balance. It does this every month updating every single month.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I petitioned Oct 12 2016 and discharged February 7, 2017.
Message 4 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you disputed the accuracy of it?  Was that done in March?  Have they done an April update yet?  It's not unusual that they update until discharge.  Usually after discharge they stop updating it because there's nothing to update.  I don't think it's hurting you at this point because of the "Closed" date.  I had the same problem after my Ch 13 was discharged.  My auto lender showed as discharged in bankruptcy, showed a balance still owed and lates after the Bk...even though it was paid off in the bankrupty.  Mine is affecting my score and I think it's because the "Closed" date is incorrect.  Is everything accurate on your reporting now as far as dates and balances?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This company first updated correctly in Oct. Then December they changed my petition date from Oct. to Dec and booked months of late pays. I made them change that update. Then they updated in January different history, again in Feb a slightly different history btw ALWAYS in the negative. They updated in March, a new and improved history which was corrected again and yes, they updated in April. It goes on and on and on and on....
Message 6 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I understand the updates up until April.  I would give it 1 more month to see if they update again and the accuracy of it.  I don't think there are any rules about them continuing to report after the account is closed but it's definitley something to research.  RobertEG may chime in about the FCRA and whether it's an issue or not.  I think as long as the closed date and payment history is correct it's probably allowed.  The reason I can tell something is wrong with mine is due to the TU score.  It indicates that my last late payment was 2 months ago (last update on my auto loan) but my Bk was discharged last year.  Keep an eye on the reasoning for your scores and just make sure it doesn't give you some flukey reason like mine is.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what happened to me when Alphera changed my petition date to Dec 2016 from Oct 2016. They transmitted me late in Dec. On January's update, Experian had me 120 days late and a recent late in Dec. I got that corrected in a day. I threatened to haul the bank into bankruptcy court......meh
Message 8 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I understand the frustration!  It took with 3 disputes and talking to a supervisor at TU to get them to understand that it was impossible for me to be late after discharge when it was paid off in the bankruptcy.  I'm still having issues and have now submitted a complaint to the BBB...waiting to hear.  I would say if anything else happens with the next update, file a complaint with the BBB.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would file a report with the CFPB and BBB on the same day. Double hit em, send in documentation they were included in the bankruptcy as well, and a clear statement requesting that they update your credit report in a timely manor. They might just delete it. I would also send a written dispute to each CB with proof they were included and requesting that they update as well. I had to do this with Merchants Acceptance, and I was able to get them to "correct" the issue, but since I also disputed it at the same time the credit reporting agencies actually just removed it all together.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.