cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus asking my friend for BK 7 discharge paperwork and list of creditors included in BK 7

tag
Elliot0409
Established Member

Credit Bureaus asking my friend for BK 7 discharge paperwork and list of creditors included in BK 7

My friend is disputing some items on his credit reports due to some inaccuracies and he said he got a letter from one or more of the Credit Bureaus asking him for Discharge paperwork along with the list of creditors that were included / discharged in his bankruptcy 7.

Should he supply this info to the credit bureau(s) ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus asking my friend for BK 7 discharge paperwork and list of creditors included in B

In my experience it made the dispute process faster. All they need is the list of creditors and the final page saying when it was discharged.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureaus asking my friend for BK 7 discharge paperwork and list of creditors included in B

@Elliot0409 wrote:

My friend is disputing some items on his credit reports due to some inaccuracies and he said he got a letter from one or more of the Credit Bureaus asking him for Discharge paperwork along with the list of creditors that were included / discharged in his bankruptcy 7.

Should he supply this info to the credit bureau(s) ?

No harm in it. The credit bureaus already know about the bankruptcy -- having the list of the creditors discharged just helps them do their jobs.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.