Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Statements in BK

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Credit Card Statements in BK

I'm about to start Ch 7.  I've talked to a few lawyers.  I keep forgetting to ask this and I still will but asking here to see what others say. 

My understanding is you have to give 6 months of bank statements?  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card Statements in BK

That question you have to ask to your lawyer because each state is different.
Based on my experience I only submitted my bank statements, plus once the account is closed you will not have access to it anymore. It's a simple process don't make it too complicated. Good luck😀

Message 2 of 6
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Yeah from what I've been reading here and other places that what it sounds like. 

Message 3 of 6
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

When I field on 4/18 until 7/18 I was taking care of my sick father, I really don't remember anything about the process other than the 5 min meeting. Trust me everything will be fine until then do what you have to do and don't forget to get ready for rebuilding and applying for new card do your homework and ask questions. Remember we are family when it comes to credit. 😁

Message 4 of 6
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I'll make sure to post about my process for others.

Message 5 of 6
gorgon
Established Contributor

I only had to have one account statement for each creditor to attach to the creditor worksheets. Basically they help the lawyer or paralegal verify the creditor information you provided such as address, acct number, etc. I was also told I could skip the statements if I didn't have them, or attach the newest collection letter to the worksheets.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.