Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that Survived Chapter 7

tag
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Credit Cards that Survived Chapter 7

Background:  Filed chapter 7 in May, included was home, car and 2 credit cards with balances. I had 30 credit cards with no balances.  Long story short, didn't want to include cards and second car but had too include all debt for chapter 7 (filed due to denial of short sale, home under water by $50,000). Discharged on August 20.  The following cards have survived for now:

Three Chase visa cards, three credit union visa cards, two Barclays mastercards, one Citi card (shows open on site but not 100% sure), Nordstrom visa card, US Bank visa card, Ann Taylor mastercard, and three GE cards (guess it's GE not sure) but limits decreased dramatically due to bankruptcy notice, Discover card and Statefarm visa card.  All cards with exception of GE cards, credit limits stayed the same...limits range from $5000 to $25,000.

I'll post a follow in 3 months to see if active cards are still active.  Not sure if they will shut me down due to non use (use cash or debit cards) or the bankruptcy notice. My husband is authorized on two of the Credit union cards and he's used each card for gas and groeceries but paid off monthly.  No adverse action.  

Again, I will keep the board posted.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.