Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Credit Grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage

First question I need help with is should there be a mortgage balance showing? Filed chp13 in 2011..Why does it not said foreclosure? someone else lives in house that I presume brought it. I also have two IIB accts that have a balance, do I contact cra or oc? also I found that Verizon listed me as owing them $185 which I paid 2 days after the fact. {out of town with job} guess I will contact them this week. EQ is 519 and EX is 543 both fico as of today 8/30/2014. Dang I got a long way to GO!!! Good news is I have a VA loan I can use in future. Lesson learned...Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage

@Eric958 wrote:
First question I need help with is should there be a mortgage balance showing? Filed chp13 in 2011..Why does it not said foreclosure? someone else lives in house that I presume brought it. I also have two IIB accts that have a balance, do I contact cra or oc? also I found that Verizon listed me as owing them $185 which I paid 2 days after the fact. {out of town with job} guess I will contact them this week. EQ is 519 and EX is 543 both fico as of today 8/30/2014. Dang I got a long way to GO!!! Good news is I have a VA loan I can use in future. Lesson learned...Thanks in advance for your feedback.

If you filed Ch 13, then the mortgage should read zero balance and IIB (included in bankruptcy) if you surrendered the property.

The status of the property is best found by going to your property appraisers website (or the clerk of courts) to see if a foreclosure was completed. You should see a transfer of the deed back to the bank in the case of a foreclosure (in my area it is called a Certificate of Title).  That is the date from which you start your clock to thee countdown for eligibility for a new mortgage.

The Verizon balance should also read zero and IIB. Contact the creditor that is reporting the tradeline wrong - in this case, verizon. Talk to their Bk department. If they don't correct it immediatly, contact your attorney to have him send a letter. If he won't do it, check with a consumer attorney. You would get $1000 from the creditor and they would be responsible for your attorney fees.

Message 2 of 5
Eric958
Established Contributor

I should have been a little clearer, the Verizon acct was after I filed. was not IIB. Thank you for responding.

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Eric958 wrote:
I should have been a little clearer, the Verizon acct was after I filed. was not IIB. Thank you for responding.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize. Then natually it wouldn't be marked iib. However, if you have paid the balance it should reflect a zero.  Contact Verizon. You will probably have to be persistant based on the posts I have seen here about Verizon. Might be best to do it in writing.

Message 4 of 5
Eric958
Established Contributor

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I did my disputes yesterday, will write Verizon this week. Thanks again. Also I did fine where it says foreclosed with date noted, is that my start time for count down when I can potentially use my VA loan or will I have to find the date where bank received the deed back?

Never Give Up!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.