Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Roller-Coaster during Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score Roller-Coaster during Bankruptcy

Hello All,

I wanted to join, as I have found a lot of valuable information within these forums, and so that I could share our story. We've been battling debt for a few years now, after having lost my job and taking a much lower paying job. Once we bounced back, we tried to improve our situation but we didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, so we decided to proceed with filing Chapter 7. We filed in September of 2018 and just received our discharge this month. I found it interesting to see how our credit scores changed so drastically front month-to-month, sometimes good, sometimes bad. What I found even more interesting is that my spouses scores increased decently, while mine did exactly the opposite. Our attorney is going to send a letter to each CRA, but for the most part, our reports are the same. Has anyone else had this happen? We are going to begin our rebuild as soon as possible, but want to wait until the CRA letters are sent and our reports are updated completely.

Spouse's Credit Tracking Graph

My Credit Tracking Graph

Both links above are images stored in photobucket, as I couldn't figure out how to attach an image here.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Score Roller-Coaster during Bankruptcy

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

Your post was in the spam quarantine; I've recovered it and removed your duplicate. 

As for images, once you reach the rank of 'Member' you should be able to insert images into posts.  (Don't worry... it does't take long to uprank.)  Smiley Wink

--UB

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Score Roller-Coaster during Bankruptcy

It takes 60 days at least for the smoke to clear after DC for all the creditors to update their accounts after BK. Your scores will settle down and taper off once thats done. Once it has. Some not all may see a score increase but not by a lot due to you have no more debt left. Give it time. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.