Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union (DCU) and BK13 Question

tag
jdmc1973
Established Member

Credit Union (DCU) and BK13 Question

Maybe some of ya'll can provide an answer.  I have a car loan and CC with DCU.  I have paid the car loan on time every month.  Both are listed in my Ch 13, but they didn't file a claim for either.  I'm at the end of my Ch 13, awaiting discharge, plan completed.  What's going to happen with the car loan/car?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Union (DCU) and BK13 Question

Jdmc, the loan should have been treated in your plan. What does your plan say about lien survival? I'd call my lawyer if I were you.

Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 2 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @jdmc1973, to get your question additional exposure your post has been moved to a new thread.

--UB

Message 3 of 5
jdmc1973
Established Member

Thanks, I did speak with my attorney, and he said the auto loan was provided for in the plan, though payment was to be direct.  I'm curious if DCU will give me back access online to the auto loan once I'm discharged, which is days away at this point.

Message 4 of 5
BoomerSooner1
Established Member

My wife and I had a similar situation with an auto loan, but through a different lender (still, hope this helps). Like I did back in July, I think you'll need to call DCU and explain the situation and provide them with proof of discharge. Our lender was Alphera Financial Services (BMW Financial) and they did nothing for me post-discharge, even after I provided the documentation.  They wouldn't even resume regular reporting to the CRAs even though I'd made every payment on-time, directly, throughout the 4 years of our BK13 (never late, before or after BK).  I asked why they refused to budge and they just said it's their policy regarding BK of any type.  So we traded in the vehicle the next month and financed with CapitalOne. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.