Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card "pre qul" post BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card "pre qul" post BK

I am 6 mo post DC on a Ch 13. EQ 624  TU 620 EX 618

I did a pre qualify on Cap one and Disc. Cap One "could not find a match" but Discover matched me for the Discover it card. How accurate are these "pre qualification" apps.

Should I go for the DC or are they too good to be true? Just dont want to waste a hard pull. Your experience?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card "pre qul" post BK

Put in bogus information on the Discover card website and you'll still get a pre-approval.

Don't do DC yet until you've been discharged at least 12 months with solid rebuilding history in between...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to this, but just today I received the message from Capital One that I was pre-qualified for 2 cards (QS and Platinum). I applied for both and was approved for both. Only $300 limits, but it's a start. Capital One declined me for a secured card back in April/May.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I thought on the DC..too good to be true. No way I would actualy do it at this point. I am going to apply for a CC at my CU after the first of the year. I spoke with the loan officer today about a loan and CC. Looks very promising for a good rate loan and even a CC at a great rate! Just waiting for one more collection to disappear this month before making the app.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.