Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards/ accounts survive 7

tag
kympocalypse
Established Member

Credit cards/ accounts survive 7

Good morning! It's me again! 

My discharge is Tuesday (11/8/22) and all of my commenity cards (all but 1 have a 0 balance) and my TD Fit loan (never used) are all open and usable. I can log in like normal, it's all looking normal. I tested to see if I could purchase on my TD loan and I can. I didn't go through with it of course. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I have heard of Victoria's Secret cards in particular surviving but I have about 28k in credit limits that may make it through unscathed????

Is this a thing? 

6 REPLIES 6
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit cards/ accounts survive 7

In my case i had a kingsize comenity account with a zero balance and a 4k cl. It lasted through my bk7 and then 2 months post bk7 dc THEY closed it on thier end.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 7
kympocalypse
Established Member

Hmmmmm. I wonder what would happen if I started using one responsibly? Worse case scenario is they close it, right? 

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

In my case i had a kingsize comenity account with a zero balance and a 4k cl. It lasted through my bk7 and then 2 months post bk7 dc THEY closed it on thier end.

Message 3 of 7
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

I have one card that survived my BK7.  I had actually forgotten I had the account TBH, and I realized it was there by checking my credit report after my discharge.  I found where I had tucked away the card and it still had the sticker on it reminding me to activate it.  I called to activate, went through without a problem.  Then tried using the card for a small purchase at a gas station and it went through without issue.  Here I am now 16 months post discharge and I haven't had any issues with the card or the account.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 4 of 7
kympocalypse
Established Member

My comenity accounts aren't working for purchases, I'm just assuming closing is coming. 

I did use my TDfit loan. 

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MileHigh96 wrote:

I have one card that survived my BK7.  I had actually forgotten I had the account TBH, and I realized it was there by checking my credit report after my discharge.  I found where I had tucked away the card and it still had the sticker on it reminding me to activate it.  I called to activate, went through without a problem.  Then tried using the card for a small purchase at a gas station and it went through without issue.  Here I am now 16 months post discharge and I haven't had any issues with the card or the account.

Which card @MileHigh96 ?

@kympocalypseKohls has been known to survive also.

Message 6 of 7
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@MileHigh96 wrote:

Which card @MileHigh96 ?

@kympocalypseKohls has been known to survive also.

My BHG More Mastercard.  I had originally gotten it to use for medical bills because it gives you 0% interest for 6 months on any medical bill of $499 or more.  Like I said, I had completely forgotten about it at the time and never activated it when the card came in.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.