Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one question

Hello

I have been discharged about 2 weeks now. I have read the bk to 700 thread and started or trying to start my rebuild. I have a reaffirmed auto loan (needed my car and low payment but credit union required reaffirm) and I have a small student loan I been paying on, but for some reason it switched to in forbearance(I have not missed a payment before,during, or after bankruptcy) so I’m not sure why it switch to forbearance.

Anyways I know I need more open accounts and a credit card. I tried pre-qual for cap one and discover even though I burnt them both. No offers for either so I didn’t even bother applying.

Now here is my question with credit one. I did the pre qual and got a match. I applied and it said approved(pending final verification of information) gave me an application code and showed me they my score for experian? I think. Which was 636 a little higher than what I expected but still bad obviously. Now I have since heard nothing from credit one and when I tried to check under “application status” it says unable to find info. Has anyone had experience with their process? Am I unable to check application status if I’m approved? It Did show me my rates and credit limit and everything there when it said I was approved.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit one question

Call customer support and ask whats up. Someone may come along with the same scenario and respond.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they approved you already, you're probably just encounter some computer issue. The card will eventually arrive. Or if you some serious concern, just call them. CreditOne is kind of predetory card, fees galore, takes up to 7 days to make an online payment (limited to 4 times per month), no grace period, sky high annual fee with high interest rate. I got one after discharge about 5 months ago. I usually pay everything before statement day leaving only $10 balance to report to all three credit bureaus. My scores went up quite a bit because of that.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello

I have been discharged about 2 weeks now. I have read the bk to 700 thread and started or trying to start my rebuild. I have a reaffirmed auto loan (needed my car and low payment but credit union required reaffirm) and I have a small student loan I been paying on, but for some reason it switched to in forbearance(I have not missed a payment before,during, or after bankruptcy) so I’m not sure why it switch to forbearance.

Anyways I know I need more open accounts and a credit card. I tried pre-qual for cap one and discover even though I burnt them both. No offers for either so I didn’t even bother applying.

Now here is my question with credit one. I did the pre qual and got a match. I applied and it said approved(pending final verification of information) gave me an application code and showed me they my score for experian? I think. Which was 636 a little higher than what I expected but still bad obviously. Now I have since heard nothing from credit one and when I tried to check under “application status” it says unable to find info. Has anyone had experience with their process? Am I unable to check application status if I’m approved? It Did show me my rates and credit limit and everything there when it said I was approved.

If you wanted to establish more accounts with positive history then the Open Sky secured Visa is pretty much guaranteed and doesn't require a credit check.  Just something to think about.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me when I got my card. They sent me this verication form in the mail I filled it out back in the beginning of  October (around my 341 Meeting) and it toooook FOREVER!!!! I finally got the card but I didn't get it until almost the end of November.

I started out with SL of $400 and my af was $75, right after Christmas the did an auto CLI so I am now at $600. I'm following the "From BK t 700 in 24 months" so I plan on cancelling it on the 11th month.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're approved. I got mine before D/C and it said the same thing online. I was worried too but that's just how they roll. 

I got $500 SL and it went to $700 after making first payment. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.