Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne Payment Confusion

tag
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

CreditOne Payment Confusion

Hi everyone! I'm hearing some concerning things about CreditOne payments not posting for at least a week. My payment is due in 3 days and I'm about to make my payment. Are they going to charge me a late fee since it takes so long to post? I just opened this account a month ago so this is my first payment. For those who have/have had a Credit One card, can you please explain this to me? My CL is $500 and my balance is the $35 annual fee + lunch I bought one day (around $25) and I want to pay it in full. I don't even know when the cycle date is since this is my first billing cycle! So confusing and frustrating lol. Thanks in advance!
Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: CreditOne Payment Confusion

Here is the language from their site:

"Payments made by 2:00pm (Pacific Time) Sunday through Friday will post that same day, displaying online the following business day. Payments made after 2:00pm (Pacific Time) and before 5:00pm (Pacific Time) will post on the next business night and be back-dated to the actual date received, displaying online the following business day. Payments received after 5:00pm (Pacific Time) Saturday through Thursday will post and display online the following business day. Payments received after 5:00pm (Pacific Time) Friday and before 2:00pm (Pacific Time) Saturday will post on Sunday and be back-dated to Saturday and display online the following business day."

The next FAQ under that is about a payment posting after the due date..if the payment posts after the due date, there will be a late fee.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditOne Payment Confusion

1. The date the payment posts is very straightforward with them (as per Scupra's post above.)

2. What you've heard from people is regarding the amount of time it takes for payments to update in their available credit. That can take up to a week, but the site will let you know what to expect as far as that goes.

These are two completely different things. To ensure you're on time, you only need to worry about #1 above. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.