Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditone platinum

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Creditone platinum

Hi. Need suggestions here. Even before my discharged, I had tried creditone or prequal and they had an offer for me for $2000. I was wondering if anyone here had taken their offer? Should I even go for it and lets say if approved, how should I go about using it to get the score rolling? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Creditone platinum

CreditOne is known for nickle and diming with fees for everything, but they do have normal types of cards as well. What were the terms you got? Annual fee, grace period, etc.?

Message 2 of 18
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Thanks for quick reply. The apr is 25.49%. Annual fee first year is $75 and $99 after that which will be billed momthly. Late and payment returned fee is $39. And it is a regular credit card and not secured. 

Message 3 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Honestly, I'd rather have a secured discover. That will at least graduate to a regular card. Other than being secured, has all the features of a regular card. Can take as little as 7 months to graduate. No fees.

Message 4 of 18
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

I had burned Discover, Capital One, Goldman Sachs and Barclays. So, not many option to get a secured card or atleast a decent one. 

Message 5 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting an offer!  Question: Have you checked all the other pre-qual/pre-approval links out there?  About Discover secured: If you have the funds it's a good card; if not, don't sweat it.   I don't have experience with Credit One but there are a lot of dp's/posts on this forum to give you insight as to how to use the card plus when and how to move on....which you will get to that point sometime in the future.   The only advice I can give is to read up on Credit One and make sure you are willing to cross every T and dot every I with them, if not.....look elsewhere.  Good Luck on your Credit JourneySmiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Amiashu12 wrote:

I had burned Discover, Capital One, Goldman Sachs and Barclays. So, not many option to get a secured card or atleast a decent one. 

I didn't see this...must have still been typing.  Have you tried the Comenity SCT for their visa/mc?  There are some threads/posts/dp's for those.  Read up on the SCT if you haven't already.  You may get lucky and get a major, but even a minor helps boost your score.

Message 7 of 18
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Ill def. look into that. I think the biggest mistake I made was stop making payments 2-3 month prior filing and those late payments are def. hurting me. My current scores are:

Exp:572

Equi:582

Trans:479

Message 8 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Amiashu12 wrote:

Ill def. look into that. I think the biggest mistake I made was stop making payments 2-3 month prior filing and those late payments are def. hurting me. 

Yeah, they do hurt.  At least Time helps......you'll get back to great credit, just don't blow your mind trying too hard and too quickly.  The one thing is to remember that it's gonna take time & patience and lots of it.  Continue studying up and resist app'ing for junk which stays on your report for 10 years even if you were to open/close and move on.  At least avoid as much regret as possible going forward. 

Message 9 of 18
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

I was able to add myself as an AU on capitalone silver. I m hoping it will help somewhat. Also, my wife's Kohls card survived in our joint bk 7, ill see if I can get her going. Thanks as always. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.