Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor Dispute - Ch 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor Dispute - Ch 7

About to file Ch. 7 and was curious if anyone actually had a creditor dispute the discharge and if this is common.  Thanks so much! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditor Dispute - Ch 7

Not commum Unless its recent and for a hight amount!

@Anonymous wrote:

About to file Ch. 7 and was curious if anyone actually had a creditor dispute the discharge and if this is common.  Thanks so much! 

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

CCC's are'nt going to pay a lawyer to go after a Chap7 petitioner. They'd probably lose more money with the lawyer cost along with whats going to be DC'ed. Not worth their time and cost. Its been said that most people paid enough interest that they really didnt lose that much $ or none at all in some cases. No worries. My lawyer said he's never had anyone show up for a no assest case since he's been practicing.

Message 3 of 5
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

I just filed for Ch7 so going through it as we speak.  One thing I didn't realize was that if a creditor disputes the discharge it is only for that one creditor.  If they win their dispute it's only for themselves.  If the other creditors don't say anything then you are in the clear.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the other posters have said, objections are rare. You’d have to have an absurd dollar amount very recently or have committed blatant fraud. Experienced attorneys are good at predicting if creditors will object. It’s super rare in no-asset cases.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.