Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor did HP during BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor did HP during BK

Hello everyone. Has anyone had a creditor do a hard pull on their credit during their BK, without your approval?

I filed on 8/15/19 and was discharged on 11/14/19.

TD bank did a hard pull inquiry on my experian credit report on 10/16/19. I definitely did not request credit from them and they were included in my bankruptcy. I called every department of TD bank and they said they couldn’t find out where it came from and couldn’t remove it if they couldn’t find it.

I had a personal loan with $5k left and a cc with $17k with them. Also had a business LOC for $20k. I’m wondering if the business department could of pulled the inquiry since I signed for the business loan personally.

Just curious if anyone had a creditor do this during a bankruptcy and if that is even legal since I didn’t apply for credit. I really just want it removed since I’m in the rebuilding stage now. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditor did HP during BK

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone. Has anyone had a creditor do a hard pull on their credit during their BK, without your approval?

I filed on 8/15/19 and was discharged on 11/14/19.

TD bank did a hard pull inquiry on my experian credit report on 10/16/19. I definitely did not request credit from them and they were included in my bankruptcy. I called every department of TD bank and they said they couldn’t find out where it came from and couldn’t remove it if they couldn’t find it.

I had a personal loan with $5k left and a cc with $17k with them. Also had a business LOC for $20k. I’m wondering if the business department could of pulled the inquiry since I signed for the business loan personally.

Just curious if anyone had a creditor do this during a bankruptcy and if that is even legal since I didn’t apply for credit. I really just want it removed since I’m in the rebuilding stage now. Thank you.

Happened to me twice...I also started a thread not long ago.

I filed in June, Penfed pulled me shortly after but before DC, for no reason.  I never raised hell about it because probably in the fine print, i gave them permission to pull my credit anytime, anywhere they wanted to while i had accts active with them.  That's what some of the experts on here said.  So i left it alone.

And, WINGS pulled me 2 days AFTER DC for a 'Loan Application'.  I  called a few times.  The lst time i called they gave me a number to handle my concerns.  Guess what the number was for, EXPERIAN.  So that was zero help.

Called back and the lady said that in the disclosure/contract agreement i signed with them way back when, that i gave them consent to pull my credit.  BUT, this was after DC so i had no current consumer products/banking with them when they pulled me.  I told the lady that and she only said that she is sending me a copy of the disclosure.  Good-bye.

A few days later i called and asked for a copy of the 'loan application' or 'loan reference number' and the 'outcome' of my alleged loan application.  If they pulled me for a 'loan application' then there should be a paper trail, right?  I've no response yet and don't expect one.

So i don't know what to do.  I guess bring it up to my attny but i'm about tired of dealing with the whole situation.  My case still hasn't closed, 2 months post DC.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor did HP during BK

Wow that’s crazy. At first I too wanted to leave it alone but I have enough HP’s on experian and it was bothering me so I called. I tried to find your thread about it but couldn’t find it.

Yeah I’m tried of it also, I’m ready to garden for the next 6 months and get back to my life. Thanks for you response.
Message 3 of 4
twono
Frequent Contributor
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.