Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor will not report IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor will not report IIB

Post discharge 13 months ago.  I've sent letters to Crate and Barrel telling them to report IIB to the credit bureaus because they continue to report the account is open with a derogatory payment history.  They respond confirming an outstanding balance and last payment made, which was in 2008.  I've included in my letters a copy of the discharge papers, highlighting their name on all information pertaining to the account.  I'm sure they're playing me to some extent and want me to work hard for the update but at this point we're at a standstill as I don't know what else to do -- the ball is in my court now.  Any suggestions on what the next step should be? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditor will not report IIB

Assuming you used an attorney for your BK, have them draft a courteous letter telling Crate & Barrel whice federal laws they are violating by not updating your credit appropriately. My guess is it will be resolved fairly quickly after that.
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you report this first to the credit reporting agency and sent them all supporting documents. That would have been the best place to start. If you do not go through the CRA first,  and this lands in court, it  will be difficult. I always send a letter to the CRA for a dispute with a copy to the creditor. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did go thru the two CRAs that are reporting this account.  Both responded that I need to contact the creditor and have them update the account - then it will come to them automatically.  There were two accounts not reporting IIB (J Crew & Crate and Barrel).  J Crew sent me confirmation that they will notify the CRAs and update to IIB.  For some reason, J Crew would not update until I sent them a letter even though the CRAs stated that they contacted them first.  Crate and Barrel on the other hand are hard-balling me.  What's odd is that both of these accounts are part of the Comenity family.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send the creditors copy of your original bk filing paperwork including your schedule listing them as included in bankruptcy. They are clearly in violation of the bankruptcy order if they are not clearing this up.

Message 5 of 8
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Why. It just retain a consumer finance attorney and sue them? Attorneys fees are paid by the defendant and you get $1,000 in your pocket.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I sent Crate and Barrel the official Discharge paper along with Schedule F that listed their name!  Originally, I sent the same paperwork to the two CRAs reporting this account but they both instructed me to communicate with the creditor to have my record updated.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears you have done everything to dispute these issues with both the CRA and Creditor and have provided all the documentation. At this point, I might suggest taking Red Sox's advise and either get in touch with your attorney who filed the BK or hire a new one who specializes in this field.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.