cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors IIB making HARD inquiries prior to MOC?

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Creditors IIB making HARD inquiries prior to MOC?

So, my 341 is in a few wks, Ch.7, and i've had 3-4 creditors that are IIB that have made hard inquiries.

I'm sure they have the right to because of the authorization that is buried in the fine print of the original credit app...but, why are they doing it?

Namely Discover and Penfed, but then there's  Lendmark,  of whom i don't know.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Creditors IIB making HARD inquiries prior to MOC?

Once your debt is discharged in bankruptcy, your debtor-creditor relationship with Big Bad Bank and whomever else is over! Done.They’ve got no legal right anymore to be pulling your credit every month and bringing down your score. But they do it! Why ?They just forget to stop. They forget to turn off the credit score pulling robot. Find this error by checking your “Hard Inquiries” and looking for your ex-creditors pulling your credit score after your bankruptcy discharge. File disputes with your filing date document. Let your lawyer know also. They can be fined for violating BK laws. HP's hurt credit.

Message 2 of 4
twono
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Once your debt is discharged in bankruptcy, your debtor-creditor relationship with Big Bad Bank and whomever else is over! Done.They’ve got no legal right anymore to be pulling your credit every month and bringing down your score. But they do it! Why ?They just forget to stop. They forget to turn off the credit score pulling robot. Find this error by checking your “Hard Inquiries” and looking for your ex-creditors pulling your credit score after your bankruptcy discharge. File disputes with your filing date document. Let your lawyer know also. They can be fined for violating BK laws. HP's hurt credit.

Good to know....Thought it was a bit strange.  There's nothing they can see in a Hard inquiry that isn't in a soft inquiry.  I have the backdoor way of seeing all my soft pulls on the bureaus too.

It bothers me a bit because i only had 2 inq's among all 3 bureaus when i filed Ch. 7, and one is to fall off this month, leaving me with just 1 inquiry and just 1 new acct in the last 2 yrs (co-sign student loan).

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can always freeze your reports. That will stop them in their tracks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.