Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors are falling off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors are falling off

I filed for BK7 in July 2019. As of today, multiple creditors have fallen of my credit report. Although my scores have increased 75 points since filing. One of the creditors that had removed themselves from the report had sent the account to a collection agency, who is reporting as Chapter 7 BK in the remarks section. Will these creditors reappear? Will this stuff iron itself out after discharge?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Creditors are falling off

Hello and welcome!

Yes, Its normal to see activity like this. Some creditors will delete the accounts all together (which is nice so they don't stay on for the full 7 years as a negative). Yes, it will all iron out.

As long as the accounts that were IIB, say somewhere in the comments on the account IIB, and needs to be $0 balance as well, then thats all you need to worry about. Just as long as its reporting correctly.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pizza1. I will update you soon! I’m assuming although they were removed the creditors memory won’t be as short.

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks pizza1. I will update you soon! I’m assuming although they were removed the creditors memory won’t be as short.

LOL..um, yea...depending on the creditors, it can be many years..It may be gone from your reports, but not their internal memory. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. Once DC takes place, I will post who I burned and scores. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.