Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors or Specific Accounts

tag
msml_2020
Established Member

Creditors or Specific Accounts

I included a toll authority in my Chap 7 BK, and pulled together as many invoices from them as possible to include in the filing.  Since my 341 meeting in September, I've gotten a couple more invoices from them with different account numbers.  Same vehicle, but for some reason they assign a new account every time you incur a toll.  Everytime I think I have them all paid, they send me another invoice.  Anyway, are they covered in the BK or not since they have different account numbers?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditors or Specific Accounts

You most likely need to pay these or risk issues with your registration, driver's license, etc. I wouldn't mess around for just a few bucks.

Message 2 of 4
Lawns1
New Contributor

Right before we met with our attorney for our Chapter 13 consult we got a $800 bill from the Illinois Tollway due to an issue with an old transponder.  We didnt dispute any of the charges but didnt notice an issue as my car's transponder worked normally just not my wifes.  I asked him what he would like me to do with this and his response was very direct and interesting.  "Do everything in your power to be on a positive note with them and take nothing into the bankruptcy with the tollway.  They will apply extensive legal and late fees to the account and you will pay dearly."  

I called the Tollway and talked to an awesome guy.  I told him I didnt dispute anything at all and asked if they could do something about the late fees and I agrees to square up right away.  They offered me $105 instead of the $800 which I jumped all over.  I have experienced they are nice people.  I think if you reach out and tell them you want to square up and explain whats going on they will figure it out.  Good luck!

Credit Unions

Credit Cards

Auto Loans

April 2023 right before the 13 reports complete

December 2022

November 2019 Chapter 13 Scores

Message 3 of 4
Lawns1
New Contributor

I will also agree with this, they can give you a lot of issues with your driving abilities.  

@Anonymous wrote:

You most likely need to pay these or risk issues with your registration, driver's license, etc. I wouldn't mess around for just a few bucks.

Credit Unions

Credit Cards

Auto Loans

April 2023 right before the 13 reports complete

December 2022

November 2019 Chapter 13 Scores

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.