cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D/C ch 7 two weeks ago. Approved for 3 unsecured cards. Gardening now. How long/what’s next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

D/C ch 7 two weeks ago. Approved for 3 unsecured cards. Gardening now. How long/what’s next?

Ch 7 was discharged 11 days ago.

I have unsecured Capital One for $300
Unsecured Credit One for $300
Kohl’s Card for $300 (interesting here: was denied pre-qual but cold app’d after reading up and was approved)

I also have a student loan currently showing.

How long should I garden and what should be next?

I burned Citi, Discover, Comenity, Indigo
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: D/C ch 7 two weeks ago. Approved for 3 unsecured cards. Gardening now. How long/what’s next?

Welcome @Anonymous 

Congrats on your approvals. If you got the Plat from Cap1. In 3 months you can upgrade to the QS and start getting cash back. Link is on the forum. Best thing is to wait it out min. 6 months and let the hits from the 3 cards subside. Then you could start trying Disco's pre-qual and see what pops. Use your cards and follow the AZEO method. Cap1 likes heavy usage and PIF each month. Have your CredOne card report $10 a month. After statement date. PIF. Right now its probation time for future creditors see how you handle the start of your rebuild. Then slowly more doors will open. After a year it will get easier and so on. So for now time is your best friend. It wont happen overnight. But you'll get there like may of us here have gone thru. Just takes time. Good Luck! (No more apps for now) Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: D/C ch 7 two weeks ago. Approved for 3 unsecured cards. Gardening now. How long/what’s next?

Congrats on your approvals! I agree with @FireMedic1 , no more apps for awhile. Let your current ones age a bit. 😁

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.