cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D/C is set for 8/12, 8-13 Attorney recommended.

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

D/C is set for 8/12, 8-13 Attorney recommended.

So my Attorney recommended I can open a secured card like today. My 341 was June 13th 2019. She said I can go ahead and apply for a secured card without effecting my case. I am in the UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF WISCONSIN area. I want to know why it is not recommended. She said it won't dismiss my case and she has been a bankruptcy attorney for 5 years. I have no real need to apply as I have my Gma's Discover and my Mother's Capital One card, just wondering about if what she said is true that it would not ruin my DC. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: D/C is set for 8/12, 8-13 Attorney recommended.

In most cases, applying after the 341 is "ok", but there's a gray area between the 341 and the actual DC where a lot can happen! My attorney same the same thing, and Im glad I didn't because a week after my 341, the trustee requested more documents and explanations to a few things.

My DC did finally happen, but it took another whole month! I was sweating bullets the whole time too thinking my case might have to convert to a 13, or get a dismissal.

THIS is why we tell you to wait until your DC to apply.....its that gray area that anything can happen again, and you don't want to do anything to make the trustee Leary of their decision. Waiting another month till DC isn't gonna kill you and is certainly not gonna stop you from your rebuild. Your trustee can pull reports on you as well, and if they see you're already trying to get credit again, before the DC has even happened, all it takes is the wrong trustee on a bad day Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

I just wanna do whatever I can do increase chances of getting approved for an autoloan next month at discharge because I am using my Grans car and even though she can't drive rn do to surgery she still needs it back since I am putting a lotttttt of miles on it having it up here in Wisconsin

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait until after you are discharged and your credit reports update.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.