Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCHARGED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCHARGED!

I received my Chapter 7 Discharge today! I am finally discharged and can move on with my life!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: DISCHARGED!

Congrats.  Every day gets better and better.

Time to move on and up but never forget.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy was a learning experience. It’s a relief but I want it to be a once in a lifetime thing.
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. I know you been waiting patiently, (cough,cough Smiley Happy) for this day to come. LOL! Its over now. It isnt something we BK'ers are proud of. But sometimes we have to do things that take us out of our comfort zone. Read read read and learn now how to handle the rebuild and come out victorious. Good Luck on your rebuild. Dont hesitate to ask the gang anything on your journey. No question is too dumb to ask on here. We're all in it together.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My student loans obviously will survive the Bankruptcy so I went from $77,000 in debt to $15,000. My road to rebuilding has officially begun!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s my understanding that the automatic stay gets lifted when the case is closed (likely tomorrow). However I’ve been making payments on the student loans anyway just to chip them down, and because my dad co-signed one of them and I didn’t want to leave him with the bill when I can afford to pay it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.