cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 94 and my case has been transferred to a new judge?

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Day 94 and my case has been transferred to a new judge?

Pacer updated today with a new filing and it is a notice that....... 'this case has been transferred to the Honorable Judge ___________for all further proceedings'.

I'm going to say that this is an insignificant change in my case and how it is progressing and nothing to be concerned with?

Maybe the original judge has a family emergency, or a scheduled vacation, or is overloaded with cases, etc.....?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Day 94 and my case has been transferred to a new judge?

Did you change from CH7 to CH13 or CH13 to CH7? Judge change sometimes happen when you change type because CH13 is more involved so they want to distribute the workload.

Message 2 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you change from CH7 to CH13 or CH13 to CH7? Judge change sometimes happen when you change type because CH13 is more involved so they want to distribute the workload.

No, still the original 7 . It is a somewhat involved 7 though....Assets involved that still need to be surrendered.....and 2 repos of vehicles by the creditors which hasn't happened yet.......and  a clawback from a creditor that was paid more than $600 in 90 days prior to fiing..... and i bought 2 assets back from the trustee already....... and I am buying a 3rd asset back from the trustee of which the trustee has to void/sue for the lien removal first......

My attorney fees and the $355 court costs for filing the 7 was nearly $4000 if that is an indicator of my somewhat complicated case.

Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ill ping @despritfreya , and maybe they can shed a little light. 

Message 4 of 7
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

Nothing to be concerned over.  In all likelihood, current judge is retiring so cases are being re-assigned. 

OP does not mention what state he/she is in therefore I cannot check.  But. . . OP should find an informational posting on the Court's website either under "news" or "judge's procedures".

Des.

Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@despritfreya wrote:

Nothing to be concerned over.  In all likelihood, current judge is retiring so cases are being re-assigned. 

OP does not mention what state he/she is in therefore I cannot check.  But. . . OP should find an informational posting on the Court's website either under "news" or "judge's procedures".

Des.

Thanks Des for stepping in!

Message 6 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

@despritfreya wrote:

Des.

Surprisingly, my attny responded today to my email concerning the new judge.  

I asked if there was any significance to this change in judges and he said 'none'.

Thanks to all that replied.

special thanks to Pizza!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.