Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debating chapter 7 advice please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debating chapter 7 advice please

Here is a back story, I've never had any CC debt or any real debt until about a year ago. Paid cash on a fixer up house put ~25k on a CC for repairs but then got a divorce and walked away from the house. It's still a joint house but she gained the right to stay in it. Have a car she has taken and won't give (insurance dropped me since I didn't have possession so I took out personal loan for 6000) since then I've put about 20k additional on cards. Probably 10k was from her doing fraudulence charges on all my accounts but me not being recouped for any of it. I walked away from her with nothing since she sold every belonging I was entitled. My attorney won't do a civil suit to recoup my belongings. I have sense bought a house and have a loan of 130k. The car is legally mine, so I figure she can get what she has coming when they take it to pay off debts. But a rundown of numbers below
CC 10k
CC 25k
CC 10k
Personal loan 5k
House loan 130k
Total CC limit ~150 over 6-7 cards
I drive a vehicle worth about 10k paid off that's iffy
I bring home including va disability ~3k a month
should I be broke/behind for 10 years or do a fresh start, let them take my truck and the car keep my house and be free and clear. Use the CC payments towards a new truck? Will they take the other house I'm still technically an owner of? Or will court ordered to her save that house? We verbally agreed to sell it and that would eliminate my debt but she has vengeance and won't sell
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Debating chapter 7 advice please

Your best bet is to really consult an attorney regarding Ch 7 vs 13 and what would happen to the assets you want to keep.  You may be able to do a 13, keep what you want, like the house and vehicle, pay a small amount towards the cc's and let them take (her) the other house and car.  Any advice you get on here is probably going to be pure speculation as your situation is very unique!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debating chapter 7 advice please

@medicgrrl wrote:

Your best bet is to really consult an attorney regarding Ch 7 vs 13 and what would happen to the assets you want to keep.  You may be able to do a 13, keep what you want, like the house and vehicle, pay a small amount towards the cc's and let them take (her) the other house and car.  Any advice you get on here is probably going to be pure speculation as your situation is very unique!

^^^^ this 100%

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.