Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied CLI due to "Late Payment" I cant find on report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied CLI due to "Late Payment" I cant find on report

Cap1 has denied my credit limit increases stating that Equifax reported a deliquent payment in the last 12 months. Cap1 has already stated nothing on their end is blocking me from getting that increase, not even my BK, except for that EQ reporting. 

I've tripled checked Equifax, sent letters, called, argued - and each time we come to the same conclusion - I have no lates. Cap1 says they cannot approve until EQ sends them a file showing no lates. But there are no lates.

6 hours on the phone today with fingers pointing at eachother and no resolution. 

Anyone have any ideas or have had a similar problem?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied CLI due to "Late Payment" I cant find on report

So, EQ shows not lates, but yet Cap One is telling you there is a late in the past 12 months?  Are you sure that's not a computer generated reason for denial and the BK is what the computer is spitting out as a late?

If it's not on your reports and it's not hurting your credit file, I'd say screw Cap One....they can keep their $250 CLI.   Think about it....who needs who, ya know?

Message 2 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Did you have lates prior to your BK? Cap1 has been known to pull scores once a quarter for cli purposes so is it possible that the late they are "seeing" in the last 12 months is because the report they are using is from February or something? 

Message 3 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

Did you have lates prior to your BK? Cap1 has been known to pull scores once a quarter for cli purposes so is it possible that the late they are "seeing" in the last 12 months is because the report they are using is from February or something? 

+1.....That is very true....CapOne would look at reports from months ago...sometimes it seemed like 6 mos old reports.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twono wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

+1.....That is very true....CapOne would look at reports from months ago...sometimes it seemed like 6 mos old reports.

I asked the Cap1 Rep if my BK would be the issue and they stated no. 

I have one late showing on my report from before the BK, but it was from 2015 and the rep stated they would not look at that.

The EQ rep is having me mailed a free copy of my credit report and a letter from them stating that there are no lates showing on my EQ file and their reason for denial as of today's date is incorrect. They suggested providing this to Cap1 to force a manual review in which the Cap 1 rep agreed they would do if they have it. 

So, I wait.  Anyone know how often Cap1 will update scores? Every quarter it seems?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating this thread as there is still no resolution this.

Despite mailing copies of my credit reports showing no negative acitivty in the past 24 months to the executive office with a request for review, and receiving a phone call staying there is nothing they can do because something is being reported wrong causing them to deny it. 

So by their statement, I am stuck in this never ending loop. 

I will patiently wait for my 2 year mark and graduate to a credit provider that does not dead loop me.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This very much is the best move. With the CLs on your cards with them, you're looking at months of fighting for a likely $100 CLI. It's not worth the time to log into your account and ask.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.