Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Experian change its policy?

tag
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Did Experian change its policy?

Hey Fico Fam,

Just wondering if Experian has changed it's public record/bankruptcy furnishing policies. I have a 2012 BK 7 discharged on 06/12 and dismissed chapter 13 on 10/17. I logged into experian.com today and seen this which kind of confuses me.

exp.PNG

When I go look at the actual record tradelines they still say the same dates. So I don't know what to make out of it. Transunion deleted the 2012 BK by themselves last week. Equifax dropped both of them 6 months ago for unknown reasons as well lol.

Guess I been having BK luck. 

Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Did Experian change its policy?

Did you originally file a 13 then changed it over to a chapter 7?
Message 2 of 5
returnofthemack
New Contributor

No I filed 2012 bk 7 discharged and then 4 years later filed a BK 13 because of IRS tax debt and a few things. I dismissed and paid in full.

Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 3 of 5
gundamxxg
New Visitor

Just out of curiosity, when did you file your ch13 BK? I am dealing with an issue in which my ch13 bk (also dismissed) is still reporting on my CR through EQ. Whenever I try to contact them about it, they say their policy is 10 years for dismissed ch13's, but theres public record of them indicating that their policy is _all_ ch13 bk's will be removed after 7 years regardless of outcome.

I filed in 5/12

Message 4 of 5
CreditBob
Established Contributor

I filed my chapter 13 July of 2015 and it is still active for another 14 months of payments. The time for a dismissed chapter 13 is seven years regardless of outcome.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.