cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge before Report of No Distribution?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge before Report of No Distribution?

I filed end of April, had 341 beginning of June, and received discharge per Pacer yesterday August 7th. I filed as a no asset chapter 7 but there was property that i was on title only that my ex-husband has possession of. There were questions as to how to valuate the property and if my personal exemptions will cover my "half". 

When I saw the discharge on pacer yesterday, i reached out to my attorney to see if everything is good to go. She said not necessarily because the trustee hadn't issued his report. 

Reading through threads, it seems like that report comes after the 341 hearing and prior to discharge. Has anyone else experienced a discharge before the report? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discharge before Report of No Distribution?

The filing of the Trustee's final report has absolutely nothing to do with the timing of the 341 or the discharge.  It has everthing to do with when the Trustee finishes his/her job.  His/her job is to investigate the finacial affairs of each and every debtor assigned to him/her, located assets, liquidate those assets and distribute whatever funds are available to creditors.  The length of time it takes to accomplish this job depends upon many factors none of which you, as the debtor, have any control over.  Even in a no asset case it may take time to get a final report filed since each trustee has many cases to deal with at one time.

You, apparently, have potential assets.  Just because you have not heard anything to date from your Trustee does not mean you won't.  You need to be patient.  You have your discharge.

Des.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.