Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge today

Checked my credit report today and it showed my ch.7 as discharged today. Also I have a judgement that was illegally put on my report post ch. 7 filling that has been marked satisfied I was hoping to get this removed entirly. I managed to get 2 Cap 1 cards over a month ago even though I was not discharged yet.  So seeing the discharge I want on a App spree seems only Cap 1 likes me even though I burned them in ch. 7.  I got Kohls $300 and Lord and Taylor $750.  

My experian has went from 502 -> 570 this month alone.  I just wish the report would tell you what made the score change. 

All student loans even though deferred are marked Included in bankcrupcy and closed and late.  Hopefully this will get fixed and cause the score to jump.  

I have one question hopefully you experts can answer it seems experian score jumps like crazy when the capital one QS and platnium reported I was wondering why Transunion and Equifax does not do the same. 

You guys are the best!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wissam
Contributor

Re: Discharge today

Congrats Smiley Happy

be carful with your rbulding . do not get in debt again . 

i have my 341 in April 7 and i can not wait to finish all this case . i am nervous tho

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Experian is my highest and jumper, but it seems less baddies were reported to them than the other 2.

If you'vve already got a few cards, be careful on applying for more as each hard pull chips away at your scores.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! One thing I learned through all of this is that getting a lot of cards quickly can hurt the Average Age of Accounts. Make sure you are strategic in acquiring additional debt. Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just trying to get enough cards so that I can get a credit increase and get a car.

Message 5 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just trying to get enough cards so that I can get a credit increase and get a car.

Three cards that aren't store cards is enough to optimize your FICO. Be careful with store cards so early as you will end up in toy card limit hell. Those low SL will prevent future lenders from giving you better SL. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found this forum today.  It's so reassuring to realize you are not the only one going through same thing.  I filed for Chapter 13 in Jan 2014.  My vehicle broke in May 2015.  I've been without a vehicle every since taking public transportation.  I converted to Chapter 7 in March.  I had my 2nd meeting with the trustee on April 4th.  Can anyone tell me how long will I have to wait after receiving my discharge to get a vehicle?  I'm told that I will receive my discharge in 60 days.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.