Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged!!!!!! A few questions...

tag
collics1
Established Member

Discharged!!!!!! A few questions...

My last day for objections was 5/2...so I was waiting.

Then on 5/5 I see on Pacer "Notice of Requirement to Complete Course in Financial Management"

And I'm like "Doh" I completed that in March and never took the certificate to the court.

So today I print it out and take it in...clerk says "One moment"

I sit down for abt 10 min, next thing I know she's walking out and handing me Discharge papers.

I almost cried lol

Next....I need a car. Santander is coming any day I guess. *shrugs*

1. Will they even attempt to contact me before they take the car? I know they have my ph#, because when I call them, it goes straight to the BK dept.

Would me talking to someone basically prompt them to come get their car?

I joined a CU about 2 weeks ago. From that CR they said they can prob get me an Auto loan once I discharge and have no collections over $1000.

I have one item which is $3000+ which should go to $0/IBB, how long does it take for the CBs to update?

I've been reading this forum for months you'd think I know the answer.

Discharged 5/6/14
Current EQ FICO Score:620 (Nov '14)
Approvals: As of May
Cap1- $300, Cap1- $500, AutoLoan
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Re: Discharged!!!!!! A few questions...

My husband and I surrendered our vehicle in our recent bankruptcy. We were discharged February 19th, and the lender (Credit Acceptance) sent someone to get it February 27th. We didn't get any kind of notice beforehand. I'm guessing you won't, either.

We were able to get financed for another vehicle the following day, at a dealership, with Regional Acceptance. Well, my husband was. I'm not currently employed, so I wasn't able to be on the loan. Interest rate stinks - 22.95 percent, but it's still better than what we were paying on our other vehicle. I'm hoping we can refinance it in a few months.

I think we would have done better interest rate wise if I could have been on the loan, as I have better FICO scores than my husband, and a thicker credit file. He has a thin file.

As far as IIB accounts, you'll need to dispute any accounts that aren't reporting correctly. Don't wait/count on the credit bureaus to report correctly, on their own.

Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@collics1 wrote:

My last day for objections was 5/2...so I was waiting.

Then on 5/5 I see on Pacer "Notice of Requirement to Complete Course in Financial Management"

And I'm like "Doh" I completed that in March and never took the certificate to the court.

So today I print it out and take it in...clerk says "One moment"

I sit down for abt 10 min, next thing I know she's walking out and handing me Discharge papers.

I almost cried lol

Next....I need a car. Santander is coming any day I guess. *shrugs*

1. Will they even attempt to contact me before they take the car? I know they have my ph#, because when I call them, it goes straight to the BK dept.

Would me talking to someone basically prompt them to come get their car? There will be no notice when they decide to come get it and if you still are using it I would not be calling them about it.

I joined a CU about 2 weeks ago. From that CR they said they can prob get me an Auto loan once I discharge and have no collections over $1000.

I have one item which is $3000+ which should go to $0/IBB, how long does it take for the CBs to update? The BK will update as discharged pretty quick. I would go online and see how they are all reporting, anything that is not reporting IIB, write a letter of dispute to each CRA saying that they need to be reporting IIB 0 balance. Once they are all reporting correctly you are ready to start your re build. Any CAs that are reporting should actually drop off as they no longer have any authority to collect, I would dispute this as well if you have any remaining on your CRs.

I've been reading this forum for months you'd think I know the answer.

Message 3 of 5
Metsfantransplant
Valued Member

Hi collics1. I have a question for you if you don't mind answering. How far behind on your car payments were you before you filed? I'm with Santander as well and just became past due as of last week. My attorney is filing next week and I plan on surrendering the car. I'm praying that I can just hold onto the car through the discharge as I've spoken with a few dealerships around town who said they could get me approved as soon as I have the discharge paperwork. 

Message 4 of 5
collics1
Established Member

Hi metfan, i was super behind. Like 3 months, and late every month when i did pay.

I have my discharge papers, but no dwn pmt.
So I'm gonna try cap1 blank chk or my credit union.
Discharged 5/6/14
Current EQ FICO Score:620 (Nov '14)
Approvals: As of May
Cap1- $300, Cap1- $500, AutoLoan
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.