cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged Chapter 7 last week, APPROVED FOR CREDIT CARD TODAY

tag
todd71

Re: Discharged Chapter 7 last week, APPROVED FOR CREDIT CARD TODAY

Yes that is great to get a new credit card after bankruptcy thats how i felt when i got approved for capital one platinum with 1000 credit line and 6 months later they have raised it to 3000 yay lol!

Message 11 of 33
feras04

lol thats awesome, so if your at 3 now, where will i be at in 6 months? because they started me out at 2k  so you think they'll bump me up to 5k maybe? lol

Message 12 of 33
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats OP and a great start! I'm expecting my discharge in the next few weeks and I will probably apply for Cap 1 as well.

Message 13 of 33
lizz01
Valued Member

Message 14 of 33
holhat
Regular Contributor

I am curious which bureau Cap One uses. I am 3 months out of BK and my scores vary quite a bit. Regardless, I am low to mid 600's. I did the Cap One pre-qualification that says doesn't hit your credit and applied for the card they suggested. I was immediately denied and Cap One left 3 inquiries. Awesome.
Also denied Barclay's Priceline card.
Feeling very discouraged...
Message 15 of 33
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@holhat wrote:
I am curious which bureau Cap One uses. I am 3 months out of BK and my scores vary quite a bit. Regardless, I am low to mid 600's. I did the Cap One pre-qualification that says doesn't hit your credit and applied for the card they suggested. I was immediately denied and Cap One left 3 inquiries. Awesome.
Also denied Barclay's Priceline card.
Feeling very discouraged...

Cap One pulls all three on credit apps. So that is why you will have an inquiry on all three reports. Most companies only pull one bureau. I don't know which one they pull for pre-approvals though.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 16 of 33
holhat
Regular Contributor

I think I'm going to call and ask for recon. I've read that alot of people who have been denied had success at this level.
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg...it worked.
Message 18 of 33
holhat
Regular Contributor

Great! What did you do exactly? I still can't seem to obtain ANY credit. I was even declined by Fingerhut! Fingerhut, ha!
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

my Chapter 7 BK was discharged on 11/05/14.  There's one old paid off account on my credit report that I had for about a year.  It's an auto loan from 2008 and I was late about 3-4 times.  There are also two catalog accounts that I never used, and they're still showing for paid as agreed but closed.  My EQ is 513 as odd last week.  I've applied form red it cards but have only been approved for $230 at Fingehut.  Maybe I applied too early? The denial letters are showing reasons such as bankruptcy and too many accounts not hat were not paid as agreed.  Any thoughts?

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.