Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged!!! (Finally)

tag
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

Discharged!!! (Finally)

I am officially discharged!!! yay! like a lot of us I didnt think i'd see the day where I was free! 

Especially since I'm the one that had posted about my auto reaffirmation delay. As an updated to that I spoke with my lawyer and the court clerk this past Wednesday and we decided to recind as a hearing was going to be in mid January (objection deadline was 11/1 ... reaffirmation was filed 9/14) AND the clerk said the Judge most likely was not going to approve it so we filed to recind on Thursday and I was dismissed on Friday!!! 

A few months ago I opened a Self Credit builder loan, i've made 2 payments - they are reporting. 

I also got approved for the following 

Capital 1 QS - 3k limit

Mission lane - 2k limit

Ally financial - 1k limit 

on a sad note I got declined for a NFCU secured card, they told me they only offer them to people 12 months post discharge and that unsecured is something I could apply for 6 months after discharge, odd? anyway with the self loan and 3 cards I think I should be set to hang out in the garden

BKCH7 - Discharged Dec 2022
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hoosier64
Valued Member

Re: Discharged!!! (Finally)

Congrats on the discharge!

BK13 Filed: 4/19
BK Discharged: 10/22

Starting FICO 8 (10/22): 623 / 612 / 613
Current FICO 8: 691 / 675 / 685
Message 2 of 7
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Congrats being discharged long journey ended only to begin a healthier one.  BTW, don't feel bumbed about NFCU try it again is 6mos it's definitely worth the HP as it grows just like breeding bunny rabbits. 

Message 3 of 7
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

only a little bummed, I spoke with a CS rep and they advised me to try for unsecured card in 6months. My main goal with them is to be able to refinance my car in about a year - I have to read up more on their post chapter 7 rules for that but its my end goal

BKCH7 - Discharged Dec 2022
Message 4 of 7
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

@WildestDreams wrote:

I am officially discharged!!! yay! like a lot of us I didnt think i'd see the day where I was free! 

Especially since I'm the one that had posted about my auto reaffirmation delay. As an updated to that I spoke with my lawyer and the court clerk this past Wednesday and we decided to recind as a hearing was going to be in mid January (objection deadline was 11/1 ... reaffirmation was filed 9/14) AND the clerk said the Judge most likely was not going to approve it so we filed to recind on Thursday and I was dismissed on Friday!!! 

A few months ago I opened a Self Credit builder loan, i've made 2 payments - they are reporting. 

I also got approved for the following 

Capital 1 QS - 3k limit

Mission lane - 2k limit

Ally financial - 1k limit 

on a sad note I got declined for a NFCU secured card, they told me they only offer them to people 12 months post discharge and that unsecured is something I could apply for 6 months after discharge, odd? anyway with the self loan and 3 cards I think I should be set to hang out in the garden

Congrats on the discharge!

If you did want another card from a major CU, you could always try PenFed.  I opened an account with them 3 months after my discharge and then a month after that I cold app'ed for one of their cards and was approved for a $6K limit with an interest rate just under 15%.  Still my best card when it comes to CL and interest rate all this time later.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! You got the three cards and a loan. Ride it out for a while and prove yourself and more will come in say 6 months. Shoot for the 700 score then start the rebuild. Apply in the 600's and you'll stay there. Play the numbers game.

Message 6 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

If you had to choose only 1 person to take advice from on here, it would be Firemedic.

Like he said, you have 3 cards and an installment loan.  That is all you need to get your scores up the quickest.  Any more additions to your credit file will only slow your uphill climb.  Every new card, new loan, refi or whatever is just adding weight on your back as you drudge up the hill to 700 in 2-3 yrs.....That score seems to be the goal post BK.

Good luck

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.