Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged. Questions about report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged. Questions about report

Hello I was discharged about 5 days ago. I checked I think my equifax report for free and it shows Accounts with negative info at 9. All these accounts are closed and show included in bankruptcy does that mean that my report will still show these accounts having negative info? Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged. Questions about report

Yes but they should note discharged in BK. They'll fall off at 7 years from delinquency.
Message 2 of 5
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

It may say on each account comment section "included in bankruptcy,"  the comments and lates will be removed 7 years from each date it was reported to your cr.

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DIYcredit wrote:

It may say on each account comment section "included in bankruptcy,"  the comments and lates will be removed 7 years from each date it was reported to your cr.

Actually, since the IIB's account as a whole are negative, the whole account will be deleted off reports 7 years from the DOFD, not when first reported to the CRA's. 

For example, lets say you werent late or anything on an account prior to filing BK, but the account WAS IIB. Your DOFD will be the month/year you filed for BK. It will fall off completely 7 yrs from your file date, because at that point, you're delinquent. 

Another example (I'll use my own)......I was late on all my accounts 1 year prior to me filing BK. So my DOFD is March 2012 which is when I quit paying on everything. I filed in May 2013.  All my IIB's are now off my EX and TU reports, just waiting for EQ to delete, and they should be next month. 

You can ask for EE (Early Exclusion....where you can ask if they will delete them off early) from the CRA's as follows...

EQ- 1 mo

EX- 3 mo

TU- 6mo

Message 4 of 5
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,for the clarification.Congrats on your IIB's deletion...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.