cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged !!!!!!! Rebuilding suggestions ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged !!!!!!! Rebuilding suggestions ???

I was discharged today I feel free from all that bad debt !!!!!! Now time to rebuild my credit !!!! Please give me the best rebuilding suggestions.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged !!!!!!! Rebuilding suggestions ???

@Anonymous wrote:

I was discharged today I feel free from all that bad debt !!!!!! Now time to rebuild my credit !!!! Please give me the best rebuilding suggestions.

Read ALL of the BK to 700 thread in this forum

Sit tight for a few weeks and then pull your credit reports and dispute anything not showing $0 bal/IIB. 

Do the two things above before you apply for anything.

Follow everything you've learned Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
MissMc89
New Contributor

Congratulations! 

I agree with the post above mine. I'm not following the 700 thread's suggestions to the letter, but it's a good starting point. Just make sure you understand the reasons behind the suggestions so you don't do anything unnecessary. For example, if you already have a loan, I don't think you have to get another just because it's one of the steps. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also agree with the aforementioned posts - Part of a successful rebuild process is doing the work.  So, take a look at the 700 thread, BK friendly CC's thread, and others where you see a lot of activity and lenders that you are interested in.  There is a ton of good information on this site that will help you get started. Be smart and intentional, take your time. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.