cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged and getting the run around

tag
Meyers

Discharged and getting the run around

Hello All, my CH7 was discharged in April. Equifax and Transunion have posted it to my CR. I took a bit of hit but my scores sit at TU615 and EFAX624 Efax is still showing an open account that was discharged but hopefully that will be corrected soon.. My issue is with Experian. They have not listed my chap7, and many discharged debts are showing giving me a score of 535. I have disputed it, sent tem copies of my paperwork and they still have not changed it. I am on my 3rd round of disputes with them. They say they will not list my bankruptcy unless it comes from the company that they get their data from. They will close accounts listed on the petition, but even that they have yet to do. Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed? Also what should disccharged debts be listed as on a CR after the discharge, I am finindg diffrent debts are listed diffrent ways. It is so confusing lol

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged and getting the run around

@Meyers wrote:

Hello All, my CH7 was discharged in April. Equifax and Transunion have posted it to my CR. I took a bit of hit but my scores sit at TU615 and EFAX624 Efax is still showing an open account that was discharged but hopefully that will be corrected soon.. My issue is with Experian. They have not listed my chap7, and many discharged debts are showing giving me a score of 535. I have disputed it, sent tem copies of my paperwork and they still have not changed it. I am on my 3rd round of disputes with them. They say they will not list my bankruptcy unless it comes from the company that they get their data from. They will close accounts listed on the petition, but even that they have yet to do. Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed? Also what should disccharged debts be listed as on a CR after the discharge, I am finindg diffrent debts are listed diffrent ways. It is so confusing lol

After a bankruptcy discharge, the amount outstanding for each discharged account should be shown as zero.

How should my discharged debts be listed on my credit report? Every debt discharged in your bankruptcy should be noted as “discharged in bankruptcy,” or something similar, with a balance of $0 unless the debt was reaffirmed. If a debt does not show as discharged in bankruptcy, you can dispute the listing by sending a copy of your discharge to the credit-reporting agency along with the schedule (D, E, or F) that lists the debt.

http://bankruptcylawyerpa.com/blog/after-the-bankruptcy-discharge/

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.