Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged chapter 7 aug. 2020 didnt add car loan

chrissyo29
Established Member

Discharged chapter 7 aug. 2020 didnt add car loan

evening all,

Ive been using this site for a couple of years, and happily pay for my 3 scores monthly.  Anyway, my BK 7 was discharged Aug. 2020. My little Honda fit 2013 was NOT added to the BK. My Lawyer told me to keep making payments on time, which i have been doing for about 15 months now. I have not reaffirmed my car.

So its been about 9 months, and looking for some help to get the payment down. Its currently at $310.23 a month. I pay it a couple of days b4 its due through Honda Finnancial. 

So any advice would be great. I have a Surge cc card , and a First Premier card both with $700 each on it, using them for gas. My Credit scores as of this evening are :

Equifax 625

Transunion 615

Experian 632

Not to bad, it takes time i know

Thanks Chrissy

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC" title="Seedling Garden Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharged chapter 7 aug. 2020 didnt add car loan

@chrissyo29 wrote:

evening all,

Ive been using this site for a couple of years, and happily pay for my 3 scores monthly.  Anyway, my BK 7 was discharged Aug. 2020. My little Honda fit 2013 was NOT added to the BK. My Lawyer told me to keep making payments on time, which i have been doing for about 15 months now. I have not reaffirmed my car.

So its been about 9 months, and looking for some help to get the payment down. Its currently at $310.23 a month. I pay it a couple of days b4 its due through Honda Finnancial. 

So any advice would be great. I have a Surge cc card , and a First Premier card both with $700 each on it, using them for gas. My Credit scores as of this evening are :

Equifax 625

Transunion 615

Experian 632

Not to bad, it takes time i know

Thanks Chrissy

What interest rate are you paying to Honda Finance, and how many more payments do you have?

As for getting them down to a more manageable amount, if Honda Finance is willing to exchange the title for full payment (I've heard anecdotally from some folks if you don't reaffirm the loan some lenders will not play that game), you might able to find a lower interest rate from either a local credit union or maybe from PenFed.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.