cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Progress Thread- Discharged, denied for cards out of the gate.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged, denied for cards out of the gate...now what

******Update #15******

So no go on my Navy CLI but that's ok I got less then $1200 remaining on the balance.

I hit the Luv button for my smaller Capital 1 QS and got the 2-3 day message so odds are that's another denial. I still plan on combining this with my $10k QS in July.

Good news is I also requested a CLI on my Discover IT card.....and.......$4500 increase! Credit limit is now $14000 on this card!

Also, my scores per MyFico are now:

EQ - 704!! So happy to be in the 700s!
TU - 670
EX - 699!!! So close to 700!
Message 61 of 79
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Honda didn't make an Accord SE in 2014.

********Update #11***********

So  a few things happened over the weekend:

1) I actually ended up getting a $500 CLI on my Discover card, I realized when I requested my CLI it wasn't quite 90 days yet since my last request, so I hit the luv button again on Saturday.  Its not much but its something.

2) I gave a Honda dealer an opportunity to beat Penfeds financing rate.  I took 4 hard pulls, ouch.  But I ended up with a 3.32% rate surprisingly @ PNC of all places, and I take deliver of my Certified 2014 Honda Accord SE tomorrow :-).   I got it out the door for $16,000 which I think is a pretty good deal.   With  $1000 down I only financed $15000. The credit score the dealer showed me must have been an Auto enhanced because it had me at 732?  My scores across the board before letting them shotgun me was:  EXP - 690, TU - 665, EQ - 674

Into the garden I go until at least december, maybe then I'll take another shot at  CLI for Discover, Penfed and Cap1.  

Message 62 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant a 2014 Accord SPORT. Was looking at a 2015 Camry SE at the same time.

Message 63 of 79
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Nice car.
Message 64 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your progress!

Message 65 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

****Update #16*****

So the fiance and I are planning an overhaul of the whole living room (paint, furniture, the works), among other project. The 6mos 0% interest will help a lot with getting this project done so I decided to app for the Lowe's card. Instant approval for......... A $500 credit line haha!

I immediately called Credit Solutions and told them anything less than $5000 would be a waste of my time. Put me on hold for a minute or two and was approved! I know this can grow over time but the $5000 line is more than sufficient for now.
Message 66 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Update #17******

Last update for awhile into the garden I go haha!

So after seeing the posts of people being approved for a second Discover IT card I did the prequalifier on their page and it showed I'd be approved w 14mos at %0. Got some home projects and more dentist work comming up so I figured go for it.

Instant approval for my second IT card w a $10,200 starting limit, double cash back for a year and %0 for 14 months! I'm stocked!
Message 67 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Credit One and they just approved me for their Platinum card.  My discharge was 10/2017.

Message 68 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

******UPDATE #18********

Ok so I've seen all the reviews on the Uber Visa and I've noticed my spend on restaraunts and bars has really gone up lately.  So I figured what the hell...apply.  I get the review message, then I get a denial due to the BK7.  It was about a week ago, but I had a few beers tonight, and It started to annoy me that I've re-established myself so well since the BK7 yet get denied for this card so I think "Go for it".  I called the recon number, the CSR who answered just asked why I filed the BK7, I tell him.  He then goes on about "I see how well you've established yourself since the Bk7" meanwhile I"m thinking "Hell yea I have" ....

and BAM!  Approval for $2500!

Its a low limit for sure, but its a card I feel I will use a lot.  I honestly don't see me apping for anymore cards for awhile and I"m sitting pretty **bleep** happy right now.

Message 69 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Update #19*****

90 day CLI on my 2nd Discover IT card. Approved for a $500 CLI....booooo. Called in and tried to double dip and was denied. No real plans for much anything else credit wise for awhile. Gonna garden and let things age.
Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.