Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged today!

I wasn't going to post this, but I'm excited.  I checked pacer and found out I was discharged today.  I didn't tell anyone in my real life about my bankruptcy, so I couldn't share with them. Anyway,  I couldn't help myself and responded to the most recent of the Capital One preapproval letters I have been getting.  I was approved for a $2000 limit.  I was thinking maybe $500.  I am going to set up a $10 per month subscription on it once I get the card.  I'm excited to get rebuilding.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharged today!

Congrats on being discharged.  I know the joy and excitement of being discharged.  It feels like the longest ninety days of your life.  

Remeber to read this thread if you have not done already:  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 7
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Em71,

Congratulations on your discharge!!!!

Guyatthebeach

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't going to post this, but I'm excited.  I checked pacer and found out I was discharged today.  I didn't tell anyone in my real life about my bankruptcy, so I couldn't share with them. Anyway,  I couldn't help myself and responded to the most recent of the Capital One preapproval letters I have been getting.  I was approved for a $2000 limit.  I was thinking maybe $500.  I am going to set up a $10 per month subscription on it once I get the card.  I'm excited to get rebuilding.

Message 3 of 7
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on discharge and on approval!!! I'm so close to being discharged too but it feels so far away. Like you I didn't share our bankruptcy with friends or family. I plan to app with cap1 even though I burned them. I had 2 cards but balances weren't high so I'm hoping they give us another shot. 

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Em71,

Congratulations on your discharge!!!!

Guyatthebeach

@Anonymous wrote:

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I remember the day when I found out everything went thru, and I got my official discharge. I was so relieved. Congratulations of the DC, and the approval!.

If I were you, I would spend a lot of time researching on the forums about which lenders are BK friendly and which ones arent, to save you the HP's on your reports.

For EX...dont even bother trying for anything by AMEX until you are 5 yrs, and 1 day post DC...you'll be declined....period.

Good luck to you in the future!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!  I found this board right around the time I filed.  I have read it almost dailly and will continue to do so.  Everyone is so supportive.  I appreciate having people that really understand what I'm going through and reading about their experiences makes me feel hopeful.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your discharge! It's so helpful that Cap One has helped you begin your rebuilding journey! Like Pizza said, go with banks who are bk friendly, so that you can keep your inquiries at a minimum.  It will take time to rebuild, so be patient. Let time be your friend. I'm very happy for you! Good luck to you! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.