Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Does Forgive!

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Does Forgive!

texasguppie, I also included Discover in my Chapter 7 for about 5k. The discharge shows up on my CR’s as 12/30/16. I keep trying their prequal page, but it keeps saying there are no offers for me because of my BK. I was considering their secured card, but after seeing your post I won’t go for their secured card. I will just keep checking their prequal page.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:
texasguppie, I also included Discover in my Chapter 7 for about 5k. The discharge shows up on my CR’s as 12/30/16. I keep trying their prequal page, but it keeps saying there are no offers for me because of my BK. I was considering their secured card, but after seeing your post I won’t go for their secured card. I will just keep checking their prequal page.

Follow on your comments, it took me ten years to get back in with Discover after the big one. They actually pre-selected me with the generic snail mail offer with ranges and no specifics. Since I never receive pre-approvals any where, I went for it and passed to the Discover More Card and $2,000 initial limit. Will add Discover was very conservative with auto/SP CLIs. $250 to $500 was the game for many years then out of the blue they started into $3K to $4K at a crack and today we are big.

Message 22 of 27
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I don’t want to wait that long. I guess I will sign up for their secured card then. Thanks for the feedback Dinosaur!

Message 23 of 27
Maker_Bayfield
Valued Member

Didn't burn Discover.  BK was filed 3/19/19 and discharged 7/1/19.  Approved for a Discover IT card as of this morning, 3 months and 7 days from discharge.  Limit is only $750 but its a start.  Credit After BK

Auto Loan on 7/28/19 for $10,600

Credit One approved for a $2000 limit on 7/28/19

Misson Lane approved for $500 limit on 8/5/19

Aspire approved for $750 limit on 9/7/19

First Savings (Burned same bank, different card in BK) approved $750 10/3/19

Discover IT approved $750 10/8/19

using 9% total credit, refuse to go over 10%.  Gardening until i can drop these subprime cards, but the utilization ratio is really helping out at the moment.

Message 24 of 27
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Maker_Bayfield wrote:

Didn't burn Discover.  BK was filed 3/19/19 and discharged 7/1/19.  Approved for a Discover IT card as of this morning, 3 months and 7 days from discharge.  Limit is only $750 but its a start.  Credit After BK

I burned them for 5,400. I'm kind of hesitant to apply for their secured card to be honest. i've tried their prequalification page, and they informed me that they have no offers for me due to my bankruptcy. Did you try their prequalification page or did you just cold app?

Message 25 of 27
Maker_Bayfield
Valued Member

I did the pre-qualify.  I actually did the prequalify about 2 weeks after discharge and they said i had a pre approval......until i actually apped then denied.  i have tried the pre qualify weekly and have gotten same message you did.  i was fully expecting no offers again but got lucky i guess.

Message 26 of 27
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Maker_Bayfield wrote:

I did the pre-qualify.  I actually did the prequalify about 2 weeks after discharge and they said i had a pre approval......until i actually apped then denied.  i have tried the pre qualify weekly and have gotten same message you did.  i was fully expecting no offers again but got lucky i guess.

I wonder if I should just cold app it if I get declined then apply for the secured card the same day? I can't get two HP's the same day correct?

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.